Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this is my first time posting on the forums. I've been looking into getting some HID's (6000k) for my low/high beams. I was wondering if anyone else has had any experience with this site. All together it is about $180 for a low beam kit, high beam kit, and a relay harness, does this seem like a good deal? They supposedly have a lifetime warranty and everything about them is better than everyone else on the market, blah blah blah. A mechanic who I talked to about installation also told me that I need a resistor, anyone know a good place to find one? Thanks for your time! (I have a '07 3.5L V6 btw.)

http://www.customhid.com/DODGE-HID-Kit/Charger/2007

·
Registered
385 Posts
I know a lot of members here are running kits from DDM Tuning. I believe their slim ballast kits run around $40. I also believe the wiring harness you receive with the kit has the "anti-flicker" capacitor already wired in (this might be what your mechanic was talking about). If I were to buy a kit right now, this is where I would get it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
DDM all the way.. Been using them for years now with no problems. You will need a relay harness (for fog lights) and an error code eliminator for the low beams. If you ca them they will tell you exact what you need and Nothing more. Kits start at $30 and have a lifetime warranty, to include the bulbs... Hard to beat!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
among all the pnp hid kits, ddm is at least honest with the price. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go with DDM, but does anyone know the preferable set-up for our rides?

Such as:
-35w vs. 55w.
-Which bulb type.
-6000k vs 5000k (I want a pure crystal white color, don't mind a tiny tiny bit of blue, but not too much.)
-Do I need to purchase the relay harness, error eliminator, and H1/H7 adapter cables?
-How much does projector housing cost, and how much better off would I be with it?

*I want my lights to look as OEM and fresh as possible, I don't want just a big ugly blur of light, while staying under the $200 range. Electrical stuff is not my strong point, so any help would be much appreciated. :)

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
ddm all the way, cant beat the price and the quality is good

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go with DDM, but does anyone know the preferable set-up for our rides?

Such as:
-35w vs. 55w. Stay with the 55W
-Which bulb type. 9006 for the lows and 9145 for the fogs
-6000k vs 5000k (I want a pure crystal white color, don't mind a tiny tiny bit of blue, but not too much.) If you want OEM white then run 4300k 6k has a hint of blue but its pretrty pure
-Do I need to purchase the relay harness, error eliminator, and H1/H7 adapter cables? Yes you need the error eliminator not sure about that adapter. I would call them to place an order rather then doig it online. I am also runnign DDM (they are down the street from me)
-How much does projector housing cost, and how much better off would I be with it? There are a few write ups on here for OEM projectors. the last thread i saw was up to about 600 bucks.

*I want my lights to look as OEM and fresh as possible, I don't want just a big ugly blur of light, while staying under the $200 range. Electrical stuff is not my strong point, so any help would be much appreciated. :)

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
alegav, 55w will melt the housings eventually man

·
Registered
218 Posts
35W is all you'll want to go.. 6000K would be about the closest color and I agree with xkm121 you do not want to install them for high's.. I did them on one car and yes they were ridiculously bright I never really got to use them because by the time they fired up I usually had to cut them off which isn't good for the boxes.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I will be doing the same thing in the next few weeks. A buddy of mine did the HID conversion in his truck and it completely stopped his lights from dimming when his subs hit.

·
Registered
848 Posts
If you want to go with the OEM as close as you want with the projector housings, you will need D1S type bulbs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Alright, so I finally got around to ordering my HID's from DDM tonight, I went with the Raptor kit, 35W, 9006/HB4 bulbs (for lows), 6000k color, and I got a error code eliminator, this all sound right?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Alright, so I finally got around to ordering my HID's from DDM tonight, I went with the Raptor kit, 35W, 9006/HB4 bulbs (for lows), 6000k color, and I got a error code eliminator, this all sound right?

yes. remember to flip the polarity between factory plug and error eliminator.

the correct wiring chart:

factory headlight plug----->(flip the polarity here)error eliminator----->ballast------>bulb

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yes. remember to flip the polarity between factory plug and error eliminator.

the correct wiring chart:

factory headlight plug----->(flip the polarity here)error eliminator----->ballast------>bulb
Thanks man, I don't know what I'd do without you fella's haha. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quick question, I'm in the middle of installing my HID's as I speak, and I got my halogen bulbs out, ready to throw the HID's in, but what do you mean by flip the polarity, and how do I go about doing that, I have about an hour and 15 minutes to finish these, so any quick responses would be much appreciated! Thanks! :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
This is a little later than an hour or so later, but when they say flip the polarity, they mean turn your plug around and plug it in that way. There's a little notch that'll "click" when you plug it in, but you might have to reverse the polarity but plugging it in opposite of the notch. If that's the case, then wrap the plug in electrical tape to hold it into place.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
976 Posts
DDM 55 watt FTW !!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts