Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the SRT model coming out at the end of the year is great, especially the hood scoop, but why did they slap the same tail end that they have on other cars on the back of this charger. I dont know the name of the vehicles that I have seen them on before, but those tail lights are on other models of their vehicles. I think this takes away from the look. I already know that I will have to spend more money on after market tail lights to make me feel better. The new mustang tail lights are great. The kept the same 3 on the right and 3 on the left and made them larger. Excellent. I remember that the General Lee (sorry dont know the year) had long tail lights. So why are they so puny looking on this SPORTS SEDAN. On top of the fact they didnt do anything original. They took leftovers from another line that they had and put em on the charger. Lazy. :mad:

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
That's okay, I'll be seeing a lot less of it than most folks:) Should have more style, but I'll be okay:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
This, I love this. I think it looks sweet. It may look like an Intrepid, bit I liked the Intrepid's rear end too. But still, in this Black it looks sweet as hell.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think it looks pretty sweet in the picture above.

The front end happens to look really cool, but it's not unique either. There are ALWAYS common design cues on different cars from the same manufacturer, even outside the parts bin sharing. They do it so the car is recognized as a Dodge.

·
Registered
113 Posts
It's my least favorite part of the but I don't hate it. I think they could have done 'more' with it if that makes any sense, but overall it's not bad or 'ugly' IMO.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea your right chargerSRT. I remember now. It looks like the intreped and the stratus.
I understand Narc91, but isn't the charger kind of dodges' flagship muscle car? The name alone (Charger) screams Dodge. I'm getting used to it, and it is a small grip, but can't help wanting a little more.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I'll ask a couple of GTO owners what they think :D :D

·
Banned
591 Posts
It would have been hard to make it look like a 69/70. Look closer...yes..even closer. See the round tails in there?? Remember the 68 Charger? Dont worry, body colour tails that accent the dual bulbs will look great.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I'm OK with the tail end (could have been a little more thought put into it). The only ones I think should be commenting on how the back end looks are the other 99% of the drivers on the road. That's about the only part of my R/T they get a good look at !! (lol) :wave:

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
The tails look like the Charger 500 (optional package in the ,IIRC, 1969 model year). The charger had horizontal tails that were long and short, but the Charger 500 had 2 round red lights on each side with a chrome ring around them. This sorta resembles them having the two round lights. But it does also look like the Intrepid rear end (which makes some sense since it replaced the Intrepid...)

·
Registered
200 Posts
i've seen a flat spoiler, more like a narrow air foil that some 300's have that i really like. its only like 3-4 wide and runs the length of the trunk. anyone know of such a spoiler?

·
Registered
216 Posts
SilverSteel said:
This car is SEXY, if you dont like it, dont buy it..... Its really pretty simple... :confused:

TRUE!!.. thats exactly what I was thinking :yes:

Y'all really need to stop nit-pickin and start to drivin.. and if someone doesn't like your ride... let'em eat your dust!! :rockon:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think I'll like it a lot more, when my rear air diffuser comes in. Any body else have one on order? Looks like it will really compliment the Daytona.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
A little rear end history:
Chrysler 300m

Dodge Intrepid

Dodge Viper

Charger

See the resemblence?
*Trunk line that is narrower at the bumper than at the top.
*Tail lights that taper out as you go down, then have a horizontal element for the backup lights/turn signals

This is what makes it a newer Dodge (or Chrysler). It's the same as the cross in the grill. Personnally, it looks a little bland, but not bad.

BTW, look at the meats on that Viper. I could see my Charger wearing those very easily. :)

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
UA_who said:
Personnally, it looks a little bland, but not bad.
I agree... the tail did not make me not buy the car... obviously... however when someone looks in the review mirror and they see this agressive front end coming at them... see a muscular side view as you pass them... and then see the tail that lacks any hint of mucular flavor... it is alittle... embarrising...

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
I can understand the concern about the rear appearance. After all, that's what most people see. ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts