Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time has come that I sell the Vette and get a more family car. :smile: I think I want to go after a nice Charger but would like to dip the thing low into the 12's. This is my very first post so I have tons of research to do here. I realize the car has a 3.07 rear, are people swapping out for something closer to 3.42???? How does the 5.7 and 6.1 like N2O??? Would a 150-200 shot be to much? tons of things to consider. If you are spraying how is the car holding up?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
There are no gears available. only SRT's get the 3.08 gear R/T's get 2.82 gears. The guys that have tried to put gears in have run into computer problems.
An SRT with 100 shot of nitrous should be in the mid to high 12's

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are no gears available. only SRT's get the 3.08 gear R/T's get 2.82 gears. The guys that have tried to put gears in have run into computer problems.
An SRT with 100 shot of nitrous should be in the mid to high 12's

WOW While I understand this is not a "sports car" I look at it as one hell of a sports sedan. I am surprised nobody has made a decent set of gears to compliment the drive train. If I were to go after an RT could I go after the SRT gears or does this also cause issues?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I'd contact HemiDon, I know he is running N2O in his vehicle.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
OK-HERES THE DEAL! I SRT with a 100 shot/b&g stage II pcm flash/hi flow cats/180 stat with fan mod/and a cat back exhaust-with see A 12.20 ON STREET TIRES with the esp off. 1fst 4 dr runs that no problem.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Meister has a fast 300c - but with all the money he's put into it e probably coulda bought an SRT8 and had money leftover for mods. You know what they say, There's no replacement for displacement!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Meister has a fast 300c - but with all the money he's put into it e probably coulda bought an SRT8 and had money leftover for mods. You know what they say, There's no replacement for displacement!
its called gomango

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
The thing that kills the gear change is that the computer onboard (HAL) will not accept them. He pretty much controls everything on the car.

Scott

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
The thing that kills the gear change is that the computer onboard (HAL) will not accept them. He pretty much controls everything on the car.

Scott
Contact motoxxx. I believe he is running a quaife diff in his SRT8. Not sure on the gearing. Peace\/

·
Registered
69 Posts
I run a 100 shot in my SRT8...went to the track once with it on nitrous and ran 12.34 and only Magnaflow cat-back (sans the rear mufflers - I never have these on because it sounds so much better and I've been too lazy to go have some axle-back pipes bent HAHA) a GSM intake and GSM ESP mod. That wasn't the only run that night in the 12.3x's either. I've made some changes to the window switch on when I start spraying and for how long, so I definitely expect lower times next time - not to mention some cooler weather :grin: All on stock tires, tune, etc.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
theres a couple of 11 second 300's and chargers out there and all of them are running stock gears-like chargerscott said/theres companys out there ready to make the gears-BUT- the tcm and HAL wont let it happen right now-with that being said diablo is trying to work on that problem. for your info the r/t's have a 286 gear and the srt's have a 306- and as far as nos -the hemi 6.1 seems to like it and any thing up to a 100 shot have seen no problems. no one on any of the forums have lost a motor yet.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I have seen 12.20s multiple times w/ 100shot With a set of F-1s..I have also caught some 1.88 short times as well..With a set of axles and D/rs Im hoping for high 11s..We shall see..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts