Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone dealing on 08's now? I am very much considering getting a Charger SRT8 in the next few weeks. I was set on a Challenger but I think I want four doors (2 kids). Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Is anyone dealing on 08's now? I am very much considering getting a Charger SRT8 in the next few weeks. I was set on a Challenger but I think I want four doors (2 kids). Thanks in advance.
All I can really say is don't pay sicker price. I think there was a dealership that put an 08 SRT8 Charger on ebay and got $42,000 I think. What I might recommend that you do is send an email to all the local dealerships in your area (include every dealer on the same email) and let them fight over you that would probably be your best bet.:grin:

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Where are you located? The fact that the Challenger is not coming forth with more than a 6.1l somewhat removes any incentive I had to trade up too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am in San Antonio. I can only find one Charger SRT8 and it is a Gunn Dodge. They have a one simply price policy and want full sticker for it.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I am in San Antonio. I can only find one Charger SRT8 and it is a Gunn Dodge. They have a one simply price policy and want full sticker for it.
OK. You need to go to a high volume dealer, or you will get screwed on an SRT deal. Bonham Chrysler in north Dallas sells through the INTERNET dept. at or near invoice everyday (you need to call and ask specifically for the internet dept). They have one Super Bee still in stock, make them an offer below invoice if you like yellow. Otherwise, you may need for the 08's to start rolling in, then give them a call. They will deliver it to your doorstep for a few hundo. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Then you will just have to go buy one in another state, or wait a while until the rest of the dealerships in your area get them that way you can start barganing. Basically do you have the money to get what you want right now or do you want to wait until you can get a better deal? (and I am not saying that you can't afford it either)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Money available now. No worries. I am shopping Charger and C SRT8's and am also considering a 05 or 06 E55...I just have the itch for a new vehicle and have narrowed it down to these three (for now).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had an interesting talk with an out of state dealer about an 07...I may stop by Gunn in the next day or so to go for a test drive. If they wont move off of MSRP I will go elsewhere. I don't care if I buy in Dallas, Houston, Austin --- heck, a 3 or 6 hour drive home would be fun (during the right time of day).

The only thing that is bothering me now is that I am kind of getting a bit too attached to the idea of a E55....something about 469 hp and 517 lb/ft of torque that just grabs me. Of course, that car is about 15 or 20 grand more which would buy me a lot of gas.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I had an interesting talk with an out of state dealer about an 07...I may stop by Gunn in the next day or so to go for a test drive. If they wont move off of MSRP I will go elsewhere. I don't care if I buy in Dallas, Houston, Austin --- heck, a 3 or 6 hour drive home would be fun (during the right time of day).

The only thing that is bothering me now is that I am kind of getting a bit too attached to the idea of a E55....something about 469 hp and 517 lb/ft of torque that just grabs me. Of course, that car is about 15 or 20 grand more which would buy me a lot of gas.
Yeah just imagine what you could do to the SRT8 with 15 to 20 grand, that E55 would'nt have anything on the SRT8.

Lets see 10 grand on a built N/A, Turbo, Supercharger and you would still have enough money to buy yourself some nice wheels and a complete Audio system.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah just imagine what you could do to the SRT8 with 15 to 20 grand, that E55 would'nt have anything on the SRT8.

Lets see 10 grand on a built N/A, Turbo, Supercharger and you would still have enough money to buy yourself some nice wheels and a complete Audio system.
I can see your point, but keep in mind the warranty is a big part of the puzzle as well. An 06 E55 with a late in service date still has a fair amount of warranty left plus I would buy a CPO car that extends that warranty one year up to 100,000 miles.

I realize these are two different cars and that is why this decision is so hard. Part of me wants a SRT8 with Corsa and electric cutouts...the other half says as an executive I need to come across a bit more professional than that.

And not to beat a dead horse here, but the MB interior is much nicer as well. And I understand that part of the price difference between the cars is the difference in interiors, so please don't flame me for saying that.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Yeah, go to a big dealer, but with 08's there might not be too many out yet (I haven't seen one on the lot yet), so you may need to wait a month or so for a better price, wait until they have a bunch on the lot.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I can see your point, but keep in mind the warranty is a big part of the puzzle as well. An 06 E55 with a late in service date still has a fair amount of warranty left plus I would buy a CPO car that extends that warranty one year up to 100,000 miles.

I realize these are two different cars and that is why this decision is so hard. Part of me wants a SRT8 with Corsa and electric cutouts...the other half says as an executive I need to come across a bit more professional than that.

And not to beat a dead horse here, but the MB interior is much nicer as well. And I understand that part of the price difference between the cars is the difference in interiors, so please don't flame me for saying that.
All signs seem to point to a 300 SRT8 than, more classier and a couple of extra options available like rear sensors and the memory position for the driver seat. Oh the driver seat also slides back when you open your door, and the rear seat area has more head room whereas the charger has less due to the sunroof.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Isla; Do you have some information on a powerplant other than the 6.1 in the 2008 SRT's?

Post it up!
My info is only gathered from religious daily reading of insider forums at Allpar. You are correct. Nothing bigger than 6.1s for 2008. But the 2008 will be limited run, SRT, 5 speed auto only. The 2009 will begin shortly thereafter. Insider info still consistently points to at least a 6.4 making it's appearance....maybe something larger. Cerberus could say otherwise. But I wouldn't necessarily count on the 6.1 being all there is. Remember, the next gen Hemi will make it's debut in the near future.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT, DO BUSINESS WITH GUNN DODGE!!!!!!!! THEY ARE CRIMINALS!!!!!! I am in san antonio though too! Welcome!!!

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
My info is only gathered from religious daily reading of insider forums at Allpar. You are correct. Nothing bigger than 6.1s for 2008. But the 2008 will be limited run, SRT, 5 speed auto only. The 2009 will begin shortly thereafter. Insider info still consistently points to at least a 6.4 making it's appearance....maybe something larger. Cerberus could say otherwise. But I wouldn't necessarily count on the 6.1 being all there is. Remember, the next gen Hemi will make it's debut in the near future.
Yah, I agree that the 6.1 may be short lived in the '08s, more reason to hold out for the 09's or beyond. If the 6.4 is not available in '09, Cerberus stands a chance of falling behind the competition, and I may find myself in a new CTS-V at that time. Nice chess game, with the price of oil being a 3rd player.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Here is the best deal you will find...Call Don Conrad at Champion Jeep in Barrington, Il. He will sell it to you for $500 under Invoice, have it drop shipped to a dealer of your choice, or for a few bucks, have it delivered to your door! Just make sure you check the Vehicle over in the light....look at the paint, Interior, etc. Look at everything.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have a 06 E55 and had a Super Bee....there is no comparison, with the SRT only winning in the price category. I personally would be leery of buying a Used AMG, or a used SRT for that matter.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts