Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
good question! I'd like to know about his too.

gary

·
Registered
731 Posts
I just bought an FM transmitter at Best Buy. Super easy to use for like $30. A little quality is lost in the music coming from the Ipod, but you just plug it into your Ipod and lighter, tune in the channel and you're good to go. All controls work off the Ipod except the Volume. That works off the radio knobs. Ipod charges up while your listening, took about 2 minutes to hook up and I have never had any issues with it at all.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah a friend of mine has the FM transmitter, for $30 bucks its not a bad deal but I wasn't impressed.

·
Registered
309 Posts
As I understand it, the Ipod kit from Mopar that lets you control the Ipod through the head unit wipes out any sattelite radio presets each time the car is started.

I opted instead for an Ipod adaptor from PAC that emulated the VES input, and charges the Ipod when connected. Now I just set my radio to VES channel 1 and control the tracks on the ipod. Since I usually use it for tracks that are 2.5 hours long, I just unpause the Ipod and set it in the slot next to the gear shifter. I don't smoke, so I pulled the heat shield off the ash tray and ran the Ipod cable through there. Whenever I'm not using the Ipod, I can coil up the cable in the ash tray and close it away for a completely hidden install.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts