Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do you have to reload a tune from time to time? Seems like my Charger is needing a refresh. Feels like auto-stick is peppier than in automatic. By the way I have MDS disabled so MDS isn't the culprit. TIA...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
68 Posts
I believe it depends on the tune. And what kind of tune was put in,my tuner used hptuners on my modded gto, It has been modded for nearly 6 yrs now. And not once has it ever baulked on me. meaning never let me down on the same kind of power i had since it the cam and exhaust was put in. i had it redynoed 4 yrs after and had only lost 10 rwhp and 9 rwtq. And it still actually runs the same!!!! Your car should do the same if it was done right!

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have the intune on my 06' Daytona. I have messed with it. its a little glitchy at times .
I had it on 93 cai it was really nasty fast! but sucked to drive around in town .I found
that if you just adjust the stock tune it runs much better for every day driving.
I got 10 miles per gallon on the 93 tune and I get 19 on the stock adjust tune . I adjusted for my 20" rims and tire size ,CAI then bumped up throttle response to 5% with straight pipes she is fun to drive every day with some pop to her .

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the intune on my 06' Daytona. I have messed with it. its a little glitchy at times .
I had it on 93 cai it was really nasty fast! but sucked to drive around in town .I found
that if you just adjust the stock tune it runs much better for every day driving.
I got 10 miles per gallon on the 93 tune and I get 19 on the stock adjust tune . I adjusted for my 20" rims and tire size ,CAI then bumped up throttle response to 5% with straight pipes she is fun to drive every day with some pop to her .
10 MPG? What mods are you running? my 08 R/T R&T with a Airaid CAI and 93 CAI tune gets about 19.5 MPG, Stock i was getting about 18 avg. I still have MDS active.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Do you have to reload a tune from time to time? Seems like my Charger is needing a refresh. Feels like auto-stick is peppier than in automatic. By the way I have MDS disabled so MDS isn't the culprit. TIA...

Have you reset the adaptives? not sure if in-tune has that function but don't see why not as the predator did...anyway that sometimes might do the trick.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you reset the adaptives? not sure if in-tune has that function but don't see why not as the predator did...anyway that sometimes might do the trick.
That's what I figured but I wasn't sure. Come to find out, I think it was the throttle pedal position. I had it all the way down and happen to get in after my wife drove it. She moved the pedals up, and I hit the gas and it peeled out. So maybe I was just sitting too far back. Go figure.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Anyone know if I have to rewrite the tune if I want to add 3% fuel increase? Seems my spark plug issues is because I'm running a little hot and lean. I have an InTune with a custom 93 OCT CAI tune with EGR delete. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Not sure what "fuel increase" means. I really have not messed with mine too much after the tuner put the tune in. I know throttle is an adjustable parameter.

If it is one of the adjustable parameters, then you can change them without changing the tune, if it is not one of the adjustable parameters then you will be adjusting the tune itself.

This comes from Diablo themselves. I had called and asked that question not to long ago. The tech told me only the adjustable parameters could be changed without messing with the custom tunes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Anyone know if I have to rewrite the tune if I want to add 3% fuel increase? Seems my spark plug issues is because I'm running a little hot and lean. I have an InTune with a custom 93 OCT CAI tune with EGR delete. Thanks in advance.

every time i change the tune it does rewrite the tune. But if you are just changing a setting in the tune it will keep all the last tune settings, its just going to rewrite everything .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts