Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, Ive had my charger for over a month now and im loving it, could be better but still love it. Performance wise I got a K&N CAI and flowmasters. Now, im getting the Intune DCX this saturday and would love to get some pointers and tips. Was thinking on using the canned 91 octane tune, still have a little of 87 gas in my tank and probably its better ran it to fumes before refill it with 91 right? Another thing is that i would like to get a better response on my 8 speed tranny, it lags, takes a little bit to pick up and decide whats the best gear to be on, specially on turns, this is the main reason im getting a tuner, because of the tranny lag. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
When you install the 91 tune, be sure to reset the transmission adaptives, that will reset it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
#krautmaster i think imma have to wait to do the intune thing cuz i was told yesterday at the dealership that they will have to replace the tranny Valve Body, so maybe is not a good idea to mess with it till they fixed it right? Not sure what to do

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Leave the stock tune in it until they are done doing the valve body. (good idea to re install the stock tune anytime you need to take it in). Since they are doing the valve body, they will re flash the system, so you won't have to reset the adaptives.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just what i thought :( sucks that i have to wait another week to play with my new toy, just got it delivered today... And when i do, there's just an option to reset the tranny adaptives? This is not the same as the Throttle booster right? Sorry for all the questions, never used this thing before, thank you!!! ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Here is the Diablo site--you'll be able to find a list of the stuff that you can play with, and "Reset TCM Adaptions" is a stand alone feature. I reset mine at the beginning of every month (just so I can play with my toys!)

http://www.diablosport.com/products/intune-dcx.html#content-tabs

j recently got my as well... for my sxt red line edition charger... I got it to tune it for 91/93 octane/ cai/ and trac off.... both for traction off it says update failed also when I go to the transmission page and try to reset the tcm adaptations it gives same error message. do I need to update my intune???

·
Registered
10 Posts
j recently got my as well... for my sxt red line edition charger... I got it to tune it for 91/93 octane/ cai/ and trac off.... both for traction off it says update failed also when I go to the transmission page and try to reset the tcm adaptations it gives same error message. do I need to update my intune???
If you have the A8 I think Chrysler has it locked down pretty good and it will be hard to tune the tranny.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts