Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an 07 dodge charger R/T back in the summer, but I'm not to find of the cream color seats and door panels. I would prefer it to all be black, or as much as possible. What could I do to change this? Short of buying new seats and door panels. I don't want to get seat covers because they're leather seats with auto adjust and heated. and putting seat covers on just wouldn't be the same. Any suggestions?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
850 Posts
I purchased an 07 dodge charger R/T back in the summer, but I'm not to find of the cream color seats and door panels. I would prefer it to all be black, or as much as possible. What could I do to change this? Short of buying new seats and door panels. I don't want to get seat covers because they're leather seats with auto adjust and heated. and putting seat covers on just wouldn't be the same. Any suggestions?

Seats you need to buy different ones or covers you cant just change the color. Not for any effort it would be worth anyway. As for the door panels you can paint them but your easiest solution all around is to find a junk yard and buy seats and panels.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, well I guess I'll see what I can find.. I've looked for them online but haven't found any that are stock seats. Just seats that will fit like bucket seats, your buddy is lucky!

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
Did that model charger ever come with a black interior? I didn't think that It did. Maybe I'm wrong

They did but I believe it was only on the SRT that had the all dark interior for the 2006-07 models.

You could probably have an upholstery shop dye your leather but that would be pretty pricey. Painting the interior will just chip away though I believe someone here used PlastiDip for their interior so I'd search the forum for that, might give you some ideas. :beerchug:

·
Registered
178 Posts
In my Daytona the seats are black and I was planning to vinyl that beige color on the doors and dash flat black. Then paint the pillars and headliner black. Also plan to do some yellow vinyl for the trim. I gotta get me some new rotors and pads first. Safety before looks

·
Registered
747 Posts
The following '06-'07 models have black/gray interior:

-SRT8
-Daytona
-R/T with Road&Track package
-Superbee(same as SRT8)

To change colors you can:

-Use vinyl spray (I do NOT reccommend. The gain is not worth the hassle)
-Buy new seats and door panels
-Buy the stock covers from a Daytona or Road&Track package car (buy the covers, and foam inserts. An upholstery shop will need to disassemble your seats, tear off the cream covers and foam insert, then apply the donor foam/leather covers back over your seat skeletons). This will also give your seats the larger "bolsters" as the SRTs, the Daytonas, or the R/T R&T cars.

Hope this helps, I went down the same road and there is no "affordable" or "simple" method.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
The following '06-'07 models have black/gray interior:

-SRT8
-Daytona
-R/T with Road&Track package
-Superbee(same as SRT8)
Not correct. There wasn't a 2006 Superbee. The 2007 Superbee was the first year it was made and it had an all black interior (except headliner and pillars) with the center stack, shifter surround and door pull handles in CF.

I know because I purchased the CF centerstack and shifter surround for mine back in '08.

Here is the 2007 Superbee interior...

Attachments

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Yes, I know you said '06-'07 but the '07 superbee didn't have the black/grey interior like the others did. I simply clarified that there wasn't an '06 bee.

·
Registered
747 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts