Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2006 Police Interceptor at auction. There seems to be a support panel missing that is below the glovebox. Underneath the glovebox there is a flimsy "fiber" panel that extends from the bottom front area under the glovebox to the firewall that has some electrical device that is heavy enough that the fiber panel can't support it, so I'm supposing that there is a plastic support panel that holds that up.
Any idea what it might be called? I've looked around on various dodge parts sites and can't seem to find anything.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Pics? It's hard to tell what you are describing and a picture might help identify it.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
The panel below the glove box is shown in this shop diagram (part 16)

The Part Number is 4595902AB

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much for your responses!
That looks like it might be it. Some places refer to that part # as a "firewall insulator" while others call it an "Instrument panel closeout panel".

Any idea what the electrical device is that hangs from it?

I would post pics but my forum rights don't include adding attachments???

·
Registered
648 Posts
From what I've read here and other forums, on the police models, there's an extra fuse box located under the glove box. It's for the extra electronics the police have to install; radios, scanners, laptops, etc.
From the pic, it appears to have a harness , and what appears to be a heavy gauge red cable; I suspect this to be the 12v in circuit.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So if that's the case, then I should be OK to remove it - after I trace it to ensure that it doesn't connect to any devices.

·
Registered
648 Posts
It probably feeds to circuits to the center console area.
Might want to verify it's not also feeding something besides electronics circuits, such as dome lights, map lights, power outlets, etc.
I would pop the cover off and take a test light or meter and probe the circuits to see if they are live; if so, take the fuses out one at a time and see if anything quits working or goes out.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
It's definitely an additional fuse box. The cover can be removed using the tabs highlighted below. You are also missing the kick panel on the right side.

Also, the listing name in the diagram provided earlier for the glove box lower panel is "Panel, Instrument Closeout".

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just installed the carpet today, so I don't have the side kick panel reinstalled as of the time of the photo. I'm assuming that the Instrument closeout panel is a plastic panel that holds up the fiber panel that shows behind the word "missing"?

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I just installed the carpet today, so I don't have the side kick panel reinstalled as of the time of the photo. I'm assuming that the Instrument closeout panel is a plastic panel that holds up the fiber panel that shows behind the word "missing"?
No, that's the only panel. It's a molded fiber panel that isn't designed to hold weight. Yours is distorted and hanging down because of the fuse box attached to it. It also looks like it has been kicked a few dozen times.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts