Charger Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
just a question. are all the parts Archer Dodge is selling painted, or injection molded that specific color?

reason i ask is that i've seen some of the calibers with the mariner blue radio bezel from the factory. would like to know is it painted or come like that already molded.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
These are factory Mopar parts - so they will look and feel just like what you see in a Plum Crazy Daytona.
all cool. do you know if the factory parts are molded in that color, or painted in that color?

reason i ask is i dont think they made the bezels in mariner pearl blue for the chargers....so if i were to acquire something, i am guessing it would have to be painted or dyed.

just trying to see if the stock factory parts are painted or whatnot, ya know?:grin:

·
Registered
80 Posts
all cool. do you know if the factory parts are molded in that color, or painted in that color?

reason i ask is i dont think they made the bezels in mariner pearl blue for the chargers....so if i were to acquire something, i am guessing it would have to be painted or dyed.

just trying to see if the stock factory parts are painted or whatnot, ya know?:grin:
As far as I can tell - they are molded in the color, not painted. You'd have to take apart a PC Daytona dash to find out for sure, but it definitely looks that way. :)

You are correct - the only painted bezels available from Mopar are the ones from the Daytona editions, so Go Mango, Top Banana Yellow, Tor Red (or did this edition not have a color-keyed bezel?), Sublime, and Plum Crazy. A Marine Blue Daytona has never been offered so if you want a Marine Blue bezel, you will have to get one painted to match your car.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
As far as I can tell - they are molded in the color, not painted. You'd have to take apart a PC Daytona dash to find out for sure, but it definitely looks that way. :)

You are correct - the only painted bezels available from Mopar are the ones from the Daytona editions, so Go Mango, Top Banana Yellow, Tor Red (or did this edition not have a color-keyed bezel?), Sublime, and Plum Crazy. A Marine Blue Daytona has never been offered so if you want a Marine Blue bezel, you will have to get one painted to match your car.
cool deal. mahalo/thanx for the clarification.... now to decide on whether to chance painting something....:biggrin:

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you decide to paint, just make sure you put on a bunch of clear coats to keep the scratches of everyday use from getting through the paint. When I had a Corvette, a lot of people would paint the interior plastic parts and coat them with 6 or so coats of clear...they held up well for them by doing this.

·
Registered
180 Posts
So my plum dash parts are painted, I kind of though they were. Any idea how many coats of clear are on them? Are they easy to scratch? I'm paranoid with my two boys around them.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts