Charger Forums banner
141 - 160 of 164 Posts

· Registered
7,565 Posts
Welcome to the forums, Teeboy23. If you are still in your 3 year/36,000 coverage why are they charging a deductible?

Are you beyond 36 months/36,000 miles and did the dealership do a "goodwill" repair with you agreeing to cover $50?

Either that or you have an extended plan with a $50 deductible.

· Registered
1,016 Posts
I have a 21 GT and the material the panels are made of do not inspire confidence for this kind of issue down the road. I've never had a vehicle that's done that and I've had quite a few with high mileage.
That’s because Dodge interiors are garbage

· Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2018 Dodge Charger srt hellcat and it’s happening on my front passenger side went to the dealership and the rep said they would cover it under my 3/36000 with a $50 deductible however the panel is on back order
I just took my 2017 Scatpack in and it’s not covered they told me about $3000 to replace, also my screen is bubbling up but it’s covered. My 2012 SuperBee humidity sensor goes out about every couple years.

· Registered
8,274 Posts
I'm inclined to think a number of these one post or low single digit post wonders are from someone (or maybe even a law firm) astroturfing. They are trying to generate buzz on the topic. A really cynical person might even think it's an effort to bump ad impressions for verticalscope, the entity that is aggregating thousands of these enthusiast sites under one roof....hmmm.

The number of bona fide enthusiasts/owners posting on the forums is starting to dwindle, but I'm seeing an uptick in the behavior above.

Definition of ASTROTURFING

Best,

· Registered
3 Posts
I'm inclined to think a number of these one post or low single digit post wonders are from someone (or maybe even a law firm) astroturfing. They are trying to generate buzz on the topic. A really cynical person might even think it's an effort to bump ad impressions for verticalscope, the entity that is aggregating thousands of these enthusiast sites under one roof....hmmm.

The number of bona fide enthusiasts/owners posting on the forums is starting to dwindle, but I'm seeing an uptick in the behavior above.

Best,

Best,
I’ve owned several Chargers my favorite is my yellow/ black 2012 SuperBee, my wife’s 2017 red Scatpack. After paying what I pay and a defect in the manufacturing shows up as the door panel yeah I’ll post. As far as you state no I want the Great Looking car I bought. Should it be a recall or should I pull out of pocket because the maker has an issue that’s showing up in a lot of these vehicles? This should be fixed by the company that made bad parts but that’s my opinion of my money I was spent on a great looking car.

· Registered
8,274 Posts
I’ve owned several Chargers my favorite is my yellow/ black 2012 SuperBee, my wife’s 2017 red Scatpack. After paying what I pay and a defect in the manufacturing shows up as the door panel yeah I’ll post. As far as you state no I want the Great Looking car I bought. Should it be a recall or should I pull out of pocket because the maker has an issue that’s showing up in a lot of these vehicles? This should be fixed by the company that made bad parts but that’s my opinion of my money I was spent on a great looking car.
Well, you're in luck since it is not too difficult to fix yourself (the door panel peel) and save a couple of grand. I posted a how-to about a year ago. I agree that the company sucks for not dealing with the known issue long ago. Will I be buying another one? Absolutely not. Would I waste even 5 seconds of energy enabling a group of ambulance chasers to profit from that with the affected "class" getting pennies on the dollar for a resolution? Hell no.

Best,

Reactions: Anguish

· Registered
1 Posts
UPDATE:

A Class Action Lawsuit has been initiated by several owners:

Hey everyone,

I've been gathering complaints and images regarding the peeling door panels on Dodge Chargers, specifically, the 2015-present models. While the 2011-2014 models have door panels that are visually identical to the 2015-present models, I have reason to believe they used a better quality glue - hence why less of them are peeling after heat cycles/prolonged time. I have rarely seen a few 2013-2014 models with the issue, but it's not consistent.

Dodge seems to honor the 3/36,000 warranty when the car is brought in for this issue, typically replacing all affected panels at no charge. However, once this warranty period expires, it costs a substantial amount of money to replace all 4 door panels. It seems that they are aware of this issue, due to the supply issue with the door panels themselves. Often, they're on back-order for 6+ months. They simply cannot produce enough of them. How much more noise has to be made until they open a recall? They should either start producing all new cars from this date forward with the better quality glue/adhesive on the door panels, or voluntarily fix all older vehicles with the issue at no cost and repair them using a dealer certified method (perhaps taking the panels apart and applying a new glue formula).

My car was manufactured in November 2019, and as such, there is no peeling yet. But it is kept outside, and I expect to see the issue start within 2-3 years. Perhaps someone here knows an engineer that works at the Brampton Assembly Plant, or someone could find a way to contact one and bring this issue to their attention? Obviously, bringing these issues to the dealership Service Manager or Service Advisors is not making its way to FCA Corporate or their interior design engineers.

Images for your entertainment:

My 2019 Scat pack has both front doors warping, scheduled a appointment, but not seeing anything promising on a fix…has there been any recent updates to the lawsuit? If it causes safety issues with airbags and such that would be a manufacturer defect, especially if this has been an issue for so long

· Registered
1 Posts
Have a 2018 Charger and the problem discussed just started happening on my passenger side door. Looks just like the picture above. Does anyone know of a glue or some inexpensive way to repair it? Want to trade it in for something more economical and don't want to be dinged due to this problem on the value.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi there everyone. I bought my 2017 Dodge Charger In January 2021 with 21,000 miles. It’s now July 2022 and I have 54,000 miles and melted door panels completely separated from the door. It looks horrible. I’ve had the car for only 1 year and a half now. Problem has started at about 1 year of having it, maybe a little before. Is there any update on this class action lawsuit? I have contacted dodge directly and they will not cover it as it has succeeded warranty. This is ridiculous that we dodge owners are left to cover these defects out of pocket. This should not be happening to my doors.

· Registered
2017 Scat Pack. Procharged 426. 850ish on pump 93
3,663 Posts
Hi there everyone. I bought my 2017 Dodge Charger In January 2021 with 21,000 miles. It’s now July 2022 and I have 54,000 miles and melted door panels completely separated from the door. It looks horrible. I’ve had the car for only 1 year and a half now. Problem has started at about 1 year of having it, maybe a little before. Is there any update on this class action lawsuit? I have contacted dodge directly and they will not cover it as it has succeeded warranty. This is ridiculous that we dodge owners are left to cover these defects out of pocket. This should not be happening to my doors.
A quick Google search and here's what you get....

· Registered
8,274 Posts
If you read the article, it's a good summary of why you wouldn't want to spend your money with Stellantis. This has been a well known issue for many years. Countless customers have been ripped off because of the issue over the years and those panels have STILL not been updated as far as I know. People remember me singing the praises of the Charger platform for many years. Loved the car, but the quality issues are a problem and I don't feel like the company ever took them seriously and just forced customers to "chase them" for remedies when issues occurred.

Again, this doesn't mean I think a team of low life ambulance chasing lawyers should be allowed to profit from our misfortune. Show your displeasure by taking your business elsewhere.

Best,

· Registered
2 Posts
UPDATE:

A Class Action Lawsuit has been initiated by several owners:

Hey everyone,

I've been gathering complaints and images regarding the peeling door panels on Dodge Chargers, specifically, the 2015-present models. While the 2011-2014 models have door panels that are visually identical to the 2015-present models, I have reason to believe they used a better quality glue - hence why less of them are peeling after heat cycles/prolonged time. I have rarely seen a few 2013-2014 models with the issue, but it's not consistent.

Dodge seems to honor the 3/36,000 warranty when the car is brought in for this issue, typically replacing all affected panels at no charge. However, once this warranty period expires, it costs a substantial amount of money to replace all 4 door panels. It seems that they are aware of this issue, due to the supply issue with the door panels themselves. Often, they're on back-order for 6+ months. They simply cannot produce enough of them. How much more noise has to be made until they open a recall? They should either start producing all new cars from this date forward with the better quality glue/adhesive on the door panels, or voluntarily fix all older vehicles with the issue at no cost and repair them using a dealer certified method (perhaps taking the panels apart and applying a new glue formula).

My car was manufactured in November 2019, and as such, there is no peeling yet. But it is kept outside, and I expect to see the issue start within 2-3 years. Perhaps someone here knows an engineer that works at the Brampton Assembly Plant, or someone could find a way to contact one and bring this issue to their attention? Obviously, bringing these issues to the dealership Service Manager or Service Advisors is not making its way to FCA Corporate or their interior design engineers.

Images for your entertainment:

I ha

· Premium Member
2019 Dodge Charger SXT; Triple Nickel
2,366 Posts
They are not going to recall for this, it’s not a safety issue. If they haven’t issued a Service Bulletin by now, they’re not going to. Sign up for the Class Action, you might get a pleasant surprise one day, who
But, I had this issue in my ‘15, I have not had it in my ‘19 yet. So there is hope that the replacements would hold.

I think they’re so wrapped up in this EV thing, old door panels and consoles warping are no where on their radar, TBH.

· Registered
2017 Scat Pack. Procharged 426. 850ish on pump 93
3,663 Posts
They are not going to recall for this, it’s not a safety issue. If they haven’t issued a Service Bulletin by now, they’re not going to. Sign up for the Class Action, you might get a pleasant surprise one day, who
But, I had this issue in my ‘15, I have not had it in my ‘19 yet. So there is hope that the replacements would hold.

I think they’re so wrapped up in this EV thing, old door panels and consoles warping are no where on their radar, TBH.
The class action has already been resolved and most of it was tossed out

· Registered
1 Posts
I purchased my Charger in 2019 but it was a new 2018 model. All 4 of may doors are coming off the frame. My car is parked in the garage and I work from home and my car rarely sits in the sun. This is not acceptable. This is a brand new car and Dodge should repair this problem for everyone as this is an obvious error in their production.
I purchased the same year and ALL 4 of my door panels are ruined very unsafe to drive??? I called Dodge care center they said SORRY its no longer in warranty I only have 38,000 on it Im so pissed

141 - 160 of 164 Posts