Charger Forums banner

101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
AS mentioned before...Recalls are only for safety ! And Class action law suits are only for making the lawyers richer...Best result will be Free Dealer fix for several yrs or $$ reimbursements for owners that paid for the fixes..IMO..However, If someones door panels warp enuf to prevent use of the open door latch...Now, That could be a recall...!! LOL

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Charger Scat Pack
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
AS mentioned before...Recalls are only for safety ! And Class action law suits are only for making the lawyers richer...Best result will be Free Dealer fix for several yrs or $$ reimbursements for owners that paid for the fixes..IMO..However, If someones door panels warp enuf to prevent use of the open door latch...Now, That could be a recall...!! LOL
The reason I mentioned a recall, is due to the fact that the class action lawsuit states "the warped panels cause problems with the side airbags".

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I should have better read the complaint....Hard to believe it can effect air bag...Hope that is legit..and does not hamper the fact.....

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Yeah, I thought the side airbags were located in the pillars, not anywhere near the door panel.

As I said earlier, some of it seems exaggerated - along with it stating that it makes it difficult to control interior climate due to exterior air leaking in.

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Yeah, I thought the side airbags were located in the pillars, not anywhere near the door panel.

As I said earlier, some of it seems exaggerated - along with it stating that it makes it difficult to control interior climate due to exterior air leaking in.
That last point is completely bogus. Sounds like typical slip and fall lawyers trying to earn a buck on the backs of folks with a genuine (though not safety related) quality issue. However, if you can't rely on FCA to make something like this right for customers, how can you rely on them for the things that actually matter? It has turned this Dodge fan into someone who probably wouldn't buy another one until there is meaningful change around product support. Pretty short sighted of FCA.

Best,

Reactions: Original Light

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wagstaff & Cartmell LLP, and Webb, Klase & Lemond, LLC

Well I call them to get into the law suit and got a message machine, will see if this is the real deal I asked to help and to join into the lawsuit. but in the mean time the fix I posted does work very well as you can see.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Also it is possible that the air bags could have trouble with the badly peeling panels in a crash. They are mounted in the side of the seats check the 2017 charger seats I found on eBay with the air bags deployed. Airbags are not in the side pillars, that is why that little tag on the side of the seat says AIRBAG

Airbag deploy 2017 Charger Driver.jpg
Airbag deploy 2017 Charger Passenger.jpg

·
Registered
559 Posts
I

2016 RT out of the warranty, dealer is a no way will not help situation. Mine was pretty bad and I am in Oregon not to hot here. I removed the foam behind the vinyl all along the whole top of the door panel at about 1/2" And used super glue gel on that top plastic edge under the vinyl and then held it in place with custom cut up paint sticks, you need to make them and get them set up to fit first. Super glue will not be affected by heat like Gorilla glue, or most epoxy based glues that like to break loose in hot conditions.

Here it is with the H Depot paint sticks in place while drying, and finished after dried. Thank you Loctite super glue gel, looks much better than what others have done. Sorry to pat myself on the back but look at it you can’t tell. I have used Loctite super glue gel on every part on this car that comes lose and there has been many. P.S. You will need two packs to do the whole top of each door.
I really like this method because it does not require removing the door panels. When it’s my turn, I’ll certainly consider this. Are the top ends of the three vertical paint sticks being held by the window frame or headliner?

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
I really like this method because it does not require removing the door panels. When it’s my turn, I’ll certainly consider this. Are the top ends of the three vertical paint sticks being held by the window frame or headliner?
Good Lord....the window frame.

Best,

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Was it supposed to be obvious from the photos? Ok thanks.
It'll be obvious when you look at the headliner. That would likely leave very permanent marks.

You could also use small pipe clamps with the ends flipped backwards. Just put something soft on the flats of the clamps so you don't mar the door frame and still use a long ruler or paint mixer on the door skin end to distribute the load. The downside is that you likely won't be able to close the door while it's clamped up.

That would let you adjust the clamping pressure without spending a lot of time making a wooden jig (though that is cheaper if you don't already have some pipe clamps handy).

That's definitely what I'll do if I ever have to fix another one of these.

Best,

·
Registered
1 Posts
I called the 1800 number and they will not cover it (I have 66k on my 2017 Charger). Is @DodgeCares still active on here? They haven't responded to my message. My passenger door panel is so bad sometimes my window will catch on it and not roll back up. Drivers side isn't too bad.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Yikes! That's terrible.

·
Registered
15 Posts
2016 RT out of the warranty, dealer is a no way will not help situation. Mine was pretty bad and I am in Oregon not to hot here. I removed the foam behind the vinyl all along the whole top of the door panel at about 1/2" And used super glue gel on that top plastic edge under the vinyl and then held it in place with custom cut up paint sticks, you need to make them and get them set up to fit first. Super glue will not be affected by heat like Gorilla glue, or most epoxy based glues that like to break loose in hot conditions.

Here it is with the H Depot paint sticks in place while drying, and finished after dried. Thank you Loctite super glue gel, looks much better than what others have done. Sorry to pat myself on the back but look at it you can’t tell. I have used Loctite super glue gel on every part on this car that comes lose and there has been many. P.S. You will need two packs to do the whole top of each door.

Remember if you actually get replacements from Dodge they will not last for long. The foam just basically falls apart and crumbles when you remove it anyway. All of you will see that this is a good fix. They have not changed anything I went to my local dealer and looked at a 2020. Still the same crap and yes I pushed up on the edge, oh my I am so sorry, in front of the sales person!!

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
That has to be among the worst I've seen, for sure... I wonder what it'd look like if you let it go for another two years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dodge Charger 2016, same issue, both of the front door panels lifting up along window line... Very disappointing, obviously manufacturer’s defect, dealership says both the panels need to be changed 🤦‍♀️

101 - 120 of 124 Posts