Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for All of your help thus far brothers, these forums are the best place to go HONESTLY for any Mopar Question.

Now...

What's better for my mods (especially the Inertia Big Valve Heads and Spartan Plus Cam), 6.1 Intake Manifold or 5.7 Eagle Intake Manifold?

Can anyone help me get one of these?

With my Current Mods, what can one see as a difference in ETs in 1/4 from 12.9 at 103 with 2500 DA ( equivalent to 12.5/12.6 at sea level), with a different Intake Manifold????

I think all I need are adapters and gaskets, fuel rails that match, a revised tune and it should bolt right up and work right?

reason I ask is because when I was racing, I felt a drop in power at my top end in 3rd, possibly because of hindered airflow due to my stocker intake manifold.

· Registered
1,944 Posts
Go with a 6.1 manifold if your gonna do the swap. Top end comes alive with this thing and honestly very little change on the low end. You need to talk with stu and see if your heads are port matched to the d shape or the square shape of the 07-08 5.7. If they still have the square shape you will need adapters or port match the heads. Also you need fuel rails, injectors, Pcv, and map sensor. Contact promods on lx for a 6.1 manifold. Tell him I sent you.

· Registered
85 Posts
I was looking at this exact same thing actually. got back from the drags and while the track was slippy and i had a subaru motor in the trunk was able to hammer out a 14.1.... now the need for speed bug bit me.

· Registered
1,944 Posts
Clutch dog, how many miles are on the motor? I suggest to anyone will a pre eagle engine to atleast upgrade their heads because the pre eagle motors are terrible about dropping valves and a power adder is just gonna speed that up. Atleast have the heads refreshed and new valve seats installed.

· Registered
85 Posts
75k just this past week. in due for the maint this next weekend.. I hate to thread jack..

but basically want to run with a set of sticky mickys, nitrous set up via 6.1 intake. long tubes. electronic cut outs after headers, 3.55 gears and some supporting mods. I thought that would get me into the deep 13's if not gracing the 12's. which is great for a daily driver

i was reading up on the eagle heads a while back. is that where the 370 hp came from over the 340 hp in my car?

· Registered
1,944 Posts
The heads and vvt is were they gained the 30hp. Might as well go 6.1 if your gonna buy heads. Those mods will have you deep into the 12s. Ill be shooting for an 11sec pass next weekend on a stock block and heads car.

277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Clutch dog, how many miles are on the motor? I suggest to anyone will a pre eagle engine to atleast upgrade their heads because the pre eagle motors are terrible about dropping valves and a power adder is just gonna speed that up. Atleast have the heads refreshed and new valve seats installed.
agreed on the heads thing. I will try to contact promods and see whats up about the 6.1 intake manifold. I just found someone though, that is selling 5.7 eagle heads for 100 dollars. no fuel rails but I thought it was a steal,. If what your saying about the 6.1 intake manifold, then it seems to be worth the wait.

· Registered
85 Posts
no cam? that's a fast ride! how much more are we talking 6.1 swap?... sigh and just when i was about to swap my subaru's engine to a turbo block

· Registered
1,944 Posts
Rigs, just wait on the 6.1 mani, top end gain is so much better and its looks 10x better. I ditched the eagle mani for the 6.1 and by far one of my best mods. I'm sure Dave would agree as well. Clutch dog, you should be able to get a set of 6.1 heads for 1-1,500. Contact promods on lx as he has a stash of 6.1 heads, manifolds, and blocks.

· Registered
1,944 Posts
Also rigs, you have BV heads and going to eagle heads would be a down grade unless your gonna have them worked over.

277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Uhhhhhh..

that looks nuts and illegal as Hell. I like it!
I just contacted ProMods for the intake and am awaiting a response.

· Registered
1,944 Posts
That would be a direct port nitrous system and if you have a couple G's to drop to get one go ahead. You would also need a seperate dedicated fuel system and alot of other stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.