Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone post a how to, with pictures if possible, on installing the pressure sensors? Thank you.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Can anyone post a how to, with pictures if possible, on installing the pressure sensors? Thank you.
Will post the pics and torque specs later tonight when I get home from work.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
torque specs...I wish I had those when I had mine and did the 08 Nitro the otherday. Havent had a problem yet, but being what I think is super thin alunimum I see where it would be super easy to crack by overtighening.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Tire Sensor Installation

Here ya go, along with the instructions. You will want to use a 12MM socket. As you tighten to the 71 INCH torque, the sensor will start to turn on you until it hits the wheel. You can either put something behind the sensor, or what I did, after hitting the 71 INCH torque, I backed it off until the spacing was even between the wheel and the sensor. Also, copy down the Numbers on the sensor as one of those numbers 'may' have to be inputed into the computer (I think it is the ID #).

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much. I will torque mine to 71 in lbs not the 106 in lbs correct?
How do you input the id #'s into the computer or will it do it automatically?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I didnt have to input anything. I would imagine, that if you use thesame exact ones, theyre already in there. Regardless if youve drove with out them for months.

My first 2 sets of rims didnt have the monitors. When Imounted up the new ones, I used a NIB OEM part, and it took a few miles and starts but it picked them right up.

·
Registered
230 Posts
here is a dumb question. I bought R/T wheels and put em on my SE. They have the TPM sensors in em, Can i some how "turn on " the TPMS or is there more equipement to buy and lots of dealer trips?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thank you very much. I will torque mine to 71 in lbs not the 106 in lbs correct?
How do you input the id #'s into the computer or will it do it automatically?
I'm bad! It is 71 INCH. Sorry, I was in a hurry. As far as inputing the number, the dealer did that. When they originally replaced the sensor, they plugged it into the computer, the computer asked for an ID #, so they broke the tire down to get the ID #. Do not know if it is necessary or not, probably not, but just wanted to throw it out there just in case.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts