Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i picked up some rockblocker tail tints and am just wondering if anyone has any tips to make them go on easy and look their best.

thanks,
Phil

(and NO i dont wish to know that I sould paint them or use a diffrent product, just tips on how to get em on and make em look their best)

·
Registered
10,655 Posts
LOTS AND LOTS of soapy water. I didnt hear that until I had screwed up 3 of them (1 fog, 1 corner, and 1 headlight) I salvaged the headlight, but the other two have wrinkles. I will order new ones one day.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Yep - what he said. I put the headlights and fog lights on dry and didn't have any problems, but the tails are a little trickier.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I had no problem w/ my tails. Heat them up w/ a hairdryer and they are easy to stretch and mold to fit.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what do you mean, lots and lots of soapy water? like to clean the lenses before I put it on?

havnt read the instructions yet, just opend the package.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
what do you mean, lots and lots of soapy water? like to clean the lenses before I put it on?

havnt read the instructions yet, just opend the package.
Mix a tablespoon of dish soap in 1 gallon of water then fill up a clean spray bottle. Clean the lenses well and wipe them throughly with rubbing alcohol. Spray the lenses with the soapy water as well as the sticky side of the tinting. This will allow you to slide it around into the correct position. Working from the center, gently start using the squeegee to remove the water from under the tint. As it starts to stick, be a little firmer and watch for bubbles. Don't be too agrressive or the tint will start to stretch.

I put mine on dry however and worked from one corner. Going slowly and making sure there were no bubbles it went fine.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you guys, its nice not to just get a stream of F rockblocker for a change.

hopefully I can try this out tonight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts