Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to install a new starter on my charger. Has not been easy given its winter and the location of the starter. I've finally got it installed with all the wires properly connected. When I try to start the car it just makes a grinding noise. I pulled it out and noticed the metal ring that goes between the starter and engine was bent on the side closest to engine. I made sure it was flat again and very carefully reinstalled. Still have the same problem can someone please help me out I've spent 4 days on and off trying to simply change the starter..

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Hi Jack:
Welcome to the forum. You might want to the new starter back to the parts store, and have it tested. Sometimes, new parts are bad. What was the original starter issue? Did you have the original one tested also?

Don

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tested it my self both the motor and solenoid work. That last one I think just was old, I bought car used so don't know how old. I had to tap the old starter with something metal to get it started.
First attempt I damaged the wire that connects to the solenoid so only the motor would run. After I replaced the damaged wire and put a new connector on the solenoid was working but was getting a grinding noise and not getting the engine going

1 - 3 of 3 Posts