Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after much humming and hawing I decided just to play it safe to get some hood locks for my fiberglass ram air hood.

Just a couple questions,

I know I need to drill thru the hood and rad cradle, but where is the best place to do this? Location wise anyways, Inside of the crease on the hood or outside nearer to fender??

Also living in Canada its cold as hell here. (Off topic: it was colder here today than it was in the North Pole, No joke)
So Is this a project that I should maybe leave until spring when it warms up? I'd hate to start drilling thru my hood and cracking it. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for the help!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I've seen that vid, but it's not too helpful. Rustang has everything marked off already. My Ram air does not.

Any charger owners install their own pins? give me some protips!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you sir!!

And just curious, Thoughts on drilling holes in my fiberglass hood in the winter? Bad idea? Will it crack?

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Thank you sir!!

And just curious, Thoughts on drilling holes in my fiberglass hood in the winter? Bad idea? Will it crack?
Not likely. Just go slow and steady and don't lean on the drill, let the bit do the work. :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! I can't wait to get these put on.

They are Chrome plated and lock with keys. I think its going to look pretty sweet when they are on and it will put that little doubt in the back of my mind to rest about the hood flying up!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Double Post!

Sorry on last question. I found this pic on the forum here. My question is can I use these pre existing holes cut into the rad cradle? Or do I need to drill holes in it? I poorly circled the hole I'm talking about.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I wouldn't recommend it since they are oval and you risk the pin slipping over time. It's also too close to the crease in the hood so the plate on the hood won't sit right. I'd drill new ones like they did in the pic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts