Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could u guys help me buy giving me some tips, and advice on doing this install any help would be great and much appceated. like thing i must have or must do!!!!!! btw: there kooks long tubes with hi-flow cats

Thanks guys:confused:

·
Registered
818 Posts
my install took about 2 hours with 3 of us on it...you just need basic tools and patience. i recommend getting oem gaskets tho the weird felt ones they come with just seem cheap but you should be ok either way. make sure and tighten the hell out of them so your not back under there re-doing it with a leak

·
Registered
449 Posts
What's the difference between the long tube headers and short ones???

Is this considered a major mod that requires a custom tune? Obviously once you replace the headers you're gonna need new cats correct?

How much would a full system cost?

What kind of HP difference will this make?

Finally, what does this do to the sound of an SRT8??? How would an SRT with Zoomers sound if these mods were done?

Not tryin' to hijack the thread, but reading it made me think of throwing in a couple newb questions..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
yes i ordered with hi flow cats and i belive the long tubes will make the car sound real loud and mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:bigthumb: im not exactly sure how much hp will be added but the thing i like is that from the front to back the car has an uniterupted flow from the intak to the headers and out the cats and flowmasters!!!! they coast about $1500

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Header Gasket:

07 5.7: left: 53013943AA and right: 53013944AA

Bolts 6.1- 6503131

I believe you have a '06 Charger 5.7 yes?

if you do, the '07 gaskets are of a better quality then then 06 ones
Also use the srt 6.1 Header Bolts, they aren't expensive and wont have to worry about them vibrating out!

Above are the Part Numbers, just go to your local Dodge dealer and get them ordered

·
Registered
818 Posts
yes the sound is amazing...especially if you have a catback system also. i love it mine sounds like an old school mucsle car

·
Registered
379 Posts
ur going to need to know alot of curse words:2232censored: haha some parts of the install can get very tight and very annoying but the pay off is awesome kooks definately makes the car sound 10x meaner

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Why would you get cats with longtubes? Get it tuned to a wait instead of a fail and you'll pass emissions every time. I know I sure as hell am not keeping my cats when I get my LTs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Header Gasket:

07 5.7: left: 53013943AA and right: 53013944AA

Bolts 6.1- 6503131

I believe you have a '06 Charger 5.7 yes?

if you do, the '07 gaskets are of a better quality then then 06 ones
Also use the srt 6.1 Header Bolts, they aren't expensive and wont have to worry about them vibrating out!

Above are the Part Numbers, just go to your local Dodge dealer and get them ordered

thank you verrymuch for all the part numbers and info u guys have been a big help and its good to do things the right way!!!!!!!!!!!
can't wait to hear her5 rumble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rocker:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts