Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this past weekend I decided to install some bbk longtube headers and catless midpipes. I just want to make some suggestions to anyone planning on putting in headers. Firs use a ton of wd 40. I sprayed everything I could the night before and again in the morning and it worked really well. All the nuts and bolts came loose with very little effort. The other suggestion is be careful when loosening the manifold bolts using the 10mm universal socket. So sometimes when turning, the joint in the socket will place pressure away from the bolt as the joint swivels around. Well in of the manifold bolts was over half way out, joint in the socket resisted a little, I not thinking torqued on it, and snap. Snapped a little less than half the bolt off inside my head. If i would have pulled the socket off and repositioned it, then continued to loosen the bolt, this would have never happened. The bolt was coming out nice and smooth, so it should be relatively easy to extract the broken piece. But I dont have the tools to do this, so had to have the car towed and let a local mechanic take care of it

I just want to add, I didnt have to remove the steering knuckle, lift the motor or any of that. I can see how lifting the motor a couple inches would make things a little easier. But the inky thing I had to remove was my oil filter, dip stick, and the heat shields over the motor mounts. If you have any questions, just message me.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You get more gains with the longtube headers. It's still at the shop, dont think I'll dyno it after either. But I will definitely see how much my quarter mile changes though. I very learned, for me anyways, it's not so much about
First question, why did you put long tubes on and second question, did you dyno it?
You get more gains with the longtube headers. It's still at the shop, dont think I'll dyno it after either. But I will definitely see how much my quarter mile changes though. I very learned, for me anyways, it's not so much about hp gains as it is overall performance. Like how some mods will give a huge gain over a short range of rpms, will not affect performance as much as something that gains a little less horsepower over all, but is spread out over a much larger range of rpms

1 - 3 of 3 Posts