Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking at all of my options I have decided that I am going to install the Parrot CK3100 handsfree kit in my new Charger SE (Bought it on Monday). I thought about installing the UConnect aftermarket product from Mopar but I don't want to have to install a dedicated speaker for phone conversations. Also I like the idea of seeing the caller ID without having to track down my phone.

Now to my question. Any recommendations on materials that could help me install this myself. It's been about 10 years since I got in the dash and installed similar components but with my new car I am hesitant about tearing up the dash. I see that the service manuals aren't available yet and may not be soon.

Any Ideas?

·
Registered
743 Posts
from this thead at LXforums

I had previously found this out...

From looking through the diagrams in the 05 LX service manual... this is what I concluded...

You have to have the electronic conv. group II (or some package) so a particular main harness is installed, Then you can get the factory u-connect parts:

1. The "Telematics" module part number is:
5064-013AH
Uconnect module, behind(and right of) Glovebox

2. the Mirror part number is:
04806228AB
Uconnect w/Autodim? (Charger part #?)

3. the harness part number is:
05089051AB
Has C1,C2 Mirror and Rain Sensor connectors.
This harness goes over the driver's head down the A pilar and connects to the C205 harness there (out of the dash). (C205 is included with Elec.Conv.II I think?) Routing this additional harness may require dropping (some of) the headliner in addition to removing the A pilar covering to properly fasten the harness.

I have clipped pictures of the locations. I assume there MIGHT be some re-programming the dealer would have to do. Please confirm this goodies list if you can. (anything in parethesis I don't know... in addition to everthing else I don't know)

I can't do this right now (too much $$ getting the headers,etc in first!) But I eventually want the "factory" one installed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am actually looking more for how to get to the radio wiring without damaging my Dash. Does anyone have some diagrams on screws to remove, things to watch out for etc?

I am going to install an after market product that has the blue tooth functionality as well as caller ID and much more. It has a mute cable that connects to the radio and the controller box connects to the front speakers.

·
Registered
542 Posts
waltoncr said:
After looking at all of my options I have decided that I am going to install the Parrot CK3100 handsfree kit in my new Charger SE (Bought it on Monday). I thought about installing the UConnect aftermarket product from Mopar but I don't want to have to install a dedicated speaker for phone conversations. Also I like the idea of seeing the caller ID without having to track down my phone.

Now to my question. Any recommendations on materials that could help me install this myself. It's been about 10 years since I got in the dash and installed similar components but with my new car I am hesitant about tearing up the dash. I see that the service manuals aren't available yet and may not be soon.

Any Ideas?
I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if you ever installed the Parrot unit? if so, how do you like it. I was planning on installing it to my aftermarket Pioneer AVIC N2, which does have a radio mute. Just curious to see how you made out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts