Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody..

I just bought a script charger emblem with pins in the back on ebay and want to know what is the best way to attach it to the daytona honeycomb style grill. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I used this post as a guide --- http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...ghlight=emblem

Go to your local auto parts store and to the section where they have the misc clips, fuses, etc. I purchased a box of speed nuts and a box of small metal tubes (sorry I just drew blank and cannot recall the name of them, but they were located near the speed nuts). The metal tubes are split and come in various sizes. They fit very snug over the posts in the back of the Charger Script. I actually had to tap them on fully with a small hammer and then used a small amount of JB Weld to ensure they stayed locked on. Slipped them through the grill and used the speed nuts to attach. Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
^^^^^^^^^ ditto, i just used some aluminum tubing as a "sleeve" over the pins and then used some speed nuts to lock them up and keep them snug.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Dude the link is a dud and I need to see visuals!! I've had two charger script grille emblems snatched from my charger while parked at the mall, I have to figure out a way to bolt them on....

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
thread the pins or aluminum sleeve and use nuts to keep them on... or get a nut and bot, saw the end off the nut and weld it to the pin and then just screw it together!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
the first method i described i just used a crappy little metal saw and some super glue (to make sure the sleeve would stay on forever!) just buy the sleeving and speed nuts

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
the tubes they are referring to are called roll pins. Go into your local auto parts store. Go find their "Help" section. They will have a kit with different sizes. Find the size that younearly have to force onto your pics. Use JB weld to make sure they stay put.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Roll pins.. that's it.. thank you. told you I drew blank on that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts