Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
I took mine to the dealer and let them do it.

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
If you have a jack and a set of jack stands, you can do these in your driveway in less than an hour. After you finish, then you can run over to the dealer and have them program them.
When I was a tech for a dodge dealership, we would charge 2 hours labor to do them. It took about 30minutes total time. Labor was just a hair over $90hour. So you are looking at around $270 or so (parts & labor) for a dealer to install these. But if you don't have even the slightest mechanical ability, then pay to have them done.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I just installed aftermarket clear ones Sunday, with no jack stands or jacks. I just layed on the ground, poped out the black fillers, put in lights and wired them to my running lights. It took probably 2 hrs.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I just installed aftermarket clear ones Sunday, with no jack stands or jacks. I just layed on the ground, poped out the black fillers, put in lights and wired them to my running lights. It took probably 2 hrs.
I wouldn't recommend doing them that way unless you are usning a relay setup. That way, you are not drawing the additional power to run the fogs off your running lights. The wire that supplies power to your running lights is not very heavy, and I am sure not rated to conduct that amount of current. But if you use a relay to pull power directly from the battery connect at the power point, with a fused link and using the running lights as a low voltage turn-on, then that would be the way to go. No sense in taking the chance of setting your car on fire just to add foglights.
I am not trying to down you for the way you did yours, just trying to offer some saftey advice. Electrical repairs can be costly, all the way up to starting a fire and totalling your ride.

·
Registered
885 Posts
need some help wiring foglights
I was going to install them myself and take it to the dealer for the starscan. Just for the starscan with 'no guaranty' of them working right. I ended up paying 180.00 for the install and starscan. This way, factory lights, dealership install, no warranty issues.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I wouldn't recommend doing them that way unless you are usning a relay setup. That way, you are not drawing the additional power to run the fogs off your running lights. The wire that supplies power to your running lights is not very heavy, and I am sure not rated to conduct that amount of current. But if you use a relay to pull power directly from the battery connect at the power point, with a fused link and using the running lights as a low voltage turn-on, then that would be the way to go. No sense in taking the chance of setting your car on fire just to add foglights.
I am not trying to down you for the way you did yours, just trying to offer some saftey advice. Electrical repairs can be costly, all the way up to starting a fire and totalling your ride.
I never really thought about it like that, shoot, Im glad you brought it to my attention. My car is getting lowered right now, but when I get it back, Im going to fix it. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
everything is done except the wire that goes in the fuse box in the pic i got i dont know in which slot to put it in . any help or pix ? thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks, shoulderchoke that is what i needed just finished it now going to the dealer to get them working

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
hi guys im new here to! feel free to it me up im trying to find some charger heads in southern cali. any meets???

·
Registered
21 Posts
halo fog lights

I been looking everywhere for help and you sound like you know what you're talking about. I have these halo fog lights by pilot. They rings change color. I have a problem with 2 wires. I don't know where to connect the positive wire, this wire has a fuse attached to it and this purple wire that is supposed to be connected to the parking lights. I don't know which one is the parking light wire. Is there a wire that I can connect it to that will allow me to turn on the halo lights without turning on my head lights or parking lights??? Thank you.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I been looking everywhere for help and you sound like you know what you're talking about. I have these halo fog lights by pilot. They rings change color. I have a problem with 2 wires. I don't know where to connect the positive wire, this wire has a fuse attached to it and this purple wire that is supposed to be connected to the parking lights. I don't know which one is the parking light wire. Is there a wire that I can connect it to that will allow me to turn on the halo lights without turning on my head lights or parking lights??? Thank you.
I think i have the same lights as you, the ones from bling lights with colored halos.

These do include a relay kit with them. So wiring to the control wire to the parking lights would be perfectly ok.

The positive wire that has a fuse on it should be connected to the positive terminal on the distribution block on the front of the car (or any other reliable constant 12v source that you can find nearby).

It was a while since in installed mine but i guess that the purple should be connected to the signal that will actually turn on the lights (this purple wire should be the control wire to the relay). You can tap this cable into the parking light wire that goes to the headlight. I actually ran this cable thru the firewall and installed the on/off switch on my ashtray which is fed from the cigarette lighter.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I bought an 07 SXT and mine has fog lights. I didnt know they made V6's without them :/

·
Registered
230 Posts
I bought an 07 SXT and mine has fog lights. I didnt know they made V6's without them :/
One of the diff's between an SE and an SXT.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts