Charger Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I downloaded the pdf installation instructions for installing chin spoiler before purchasing and I wanted to know from people who installed it how hard it was to get straight and install. I'm comfortable doing all of my own work- I just put the borla system on, am going to do tstat, spoiler on my own but those instructions confused the **** out of me on the chin spoiler! Are you pop riveting it on or screwing it on? Any tips/advice is much appreciated. The instructions have literally NO words in them, obviously written for people of any language ability to understand but it's actually more confusing to me. I felt like I was looking at one of those rebus puzzles. Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The chin spoiler pop rivets on using those plastic pop rivets. They are the same rivets that are used to hold on the wheel well lining. You have to drill 1/4 inch holes then pop rivet it on. I bought the rivet gun and I used my wife's daytona to see exactly where it when. It took about 15 minutes.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The chin spoiler pop rivets on using those plastic pop rivets. They are the same rivets that are used to hold on the wheel well lining. You have to drill 1/4 inch holes then pop rivet it on. I bought the rivet gun and I used my wife's daytona to see exactly where it when. It took about 15 minutes.
Yep, if you get the special plastic rivet gun this is a pretty easy mod. It helps if you have two other extra sets of hands to hold the spoiler in place (with painter's tape underneath the car) so you can make sure it is centered, then mark through the holes onto the tape, drill the holes and then pop the rivets in place. 15 minute job from start to finish. Happy modding!

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Basically what I did with mine is line it up and then tape it to the car with some masking tape. Then I could adjust it and just re-tape. Once I had it where I wanted it, I drilled the holes and put the rivets in. Didn't take more than 30 minutes end to end.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been to every auto parts store, craft store and hardware store today looking for a rivet gun without success. Can anyone point me in the right direction to purchase one? Thanks....
WFSCHR8R

·
Registered
2,200 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
As everyone knows those rivets are [email protected]'m looking on a alternative way to install my chin spoiler I'm going towards using self taped screws now the only thing its I can't find the right size of screws to use for the 1/4 hole... I been searching pretty much everywhere and no luck can anybody point me to the right direction.. Or an alternative way to install this sucker besides me buying a rivet gun and installing those silly plastic rivets thanx guys...

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
As everyone knows those rivets are [email protected]'m looking on a alternative way to install my chin spoiler I'm going towards using self taped screws now the only thing its I can't find the right size of screws to use for the 1/4 hole... I been searching pretty much everywhere and no luck can anybody point me to the right direction.. Or an alternative way to install this sucker besides me buying a rivet gun and installing those silly plastic rivets thanx guys...
any reason why those rivets are deemed "crap"

i used em and they work just fine.... even with laying on a thin sheet of ice the day after snow with water draining off a warmed car soaking up into my shirt....the rivets work fine and hold well.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
any reason why those rivets are deemed "crap"

i used em and they work just fine.... even with laying on a thin sheet of ice the day after snow with water draining off a warmed car soaking up into my shirt....the rivets work fine and hold well.
reason being theirs a couple of members who i talked to and have told me they have had their chin spoiler come off...mostley in hwy driving...:smoke:

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have yet to install the chin spoiler on my R/T but I use those plastic rivets all the time at work to install front license plate brackets they work fine have yet to have a customer come back saying their bracket has fallen off

·
Registered
298 Posts
I downloaded the pdf installation instructions for installing chin spoiler before purchasing and I wanted to know from people who installed it how hard it was to get straight and install. I'm comfortable doing all of my own work- I just put the borla system on, am going to do tstat, spoiler on my own but those instructions confused the **** out of me on the chin spoiler! Are you pop riveting it on or screwing it on? Any tips/advice is much appreciated. The instructions have literally NO words in them, obviously written for people of any language ability to understand but it's actually more confusing to me. I felt like I was looking at one of those rebus puzzles. Thanks.

Where did you download the pdf from?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Goodlooking out charginscott!!

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts