Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Charger SXT
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last 2 weeks, Ive been really having to do my homework on rear diffs to perform a 3.07 diff swap upgrade to my SXT. As you know they only come with the 2.62 ratio, unless you get the AWD., and those have 3.07's (although they say 3.08 on the diff??) So the end result is- 2015-2020 3.6L cars use the 195mm size diff with 37 inlet splines regardless of the ratio. I could not get anyone to tell me what spline count the AWD had. So I went on to Oreilly auto parts and others to see what they show, and it was always the same shaft and spline count. But there were never cv axles available anywhere to make sure. I called one out of state dealer That had one, and he wouldnt look at it for me. So I simply figured Dodge wasnt going to make two different 195mm diff's just because one was AWD .So I took the plunge and ordered a diff from an AWD. I just installed it and it fits perfect., slid right in. for V-8 cars, All 5.7 Hemi's use a 230mm diff with 32 inlet splines, regardless of ratio or AWD / RWD. I didnt actually get to see the SRT / Hellcat diffs to know. If someone wanted the larger diff in a 3.6 car for any reason, it will bolt up but will have to install the Hemi car cv shafts. The outer spline count is the same.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
BO:
Your informative post is the kind we all appreciate. Can you expound on how your Charger runs with the shorter gear?

Don

·
Registered
2018 Charger SXT
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BO:
Your informative post is the kind we all appreciate. Can you expound on how your Charger runs with the shorter gear?

Don
Definitely pulls better, You will notice it going through the gears quicker, and has much better use of 8th gear. But still has low enough RPM's to get good MPG on the highway. You also notice it downshifting quicker as well coming to a stop. And it is a swap and go operation. The speedometer works perfect, no need to program for speedo, which you cant anyway because they have a locked PCM. I actually wish there was a 3.62 available like the early Chargers. That would be great.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yeah, that's weird. Build sheet says 3.07 but the label says 3.08. Go figure.

Greg

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Yeah, that's weird. Build sheet says 3.07 but the label says 3.08. Go figure.

Greg
Label would rule. On M6 Challenger Dodge window sticker and build sheet said 3.92 but label and Getrag said it was a 3.91. So they like to round.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts