Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought General 235/50/18 tires from Tirerack and had them shipped to my usual installer VIP auto.
They initially refused to install them because they do not match the tire size printed on the door post.
But after watching me adjust the size with the Predator they relented.
I was surprised by this. Any one else experience this?

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Never had this problem. However, I just got the General UHP Exclaim tires. They have a really nice tread design on them. The stock size on the Daytona's is 235/55/R18. What is your deciding factor to go to a different size?

Xian

·
Registered
354 Posts
i'm surprised you guys purchased generals. Unless they improved over the years, because when I had them on my last vehicle and they were absolute garbage. I had no traction in the rain. I bought them brand new and ended up buying yokohama's a month later.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never had this problem. However, I just got the General UHP Exclaim tires. They have a really nice tread design on them. The stock size on the Daytona's is 235/55/R18. What is your deciding factor to go to a different size?

Xian
Yes I like the tread. The 235/50/18 revs 764 per mile verse 739 revs for the 55s. So they lower the car a little and give a lower drive train ratio for better 1/4 time. The 50s also tend to have a little more tread width.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The 2007 Daytona has the 20" wheels and I just relaced my close-to-thread-bare Goodyear Eagles with:

Falken FK 452
245/45R-20 99W BSW

Night and day compared to the Eagles. Less noise, great wet traction, more responsive steering. I'm happy!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm surprised you guys purchased generals. Unless they improved over the years, because when I had them on my last vehicle and they were absolute garbage. I had no traction in the rain. I bought them brand new and ended up buying yokohama's a month later.
The reviews at Tirerack were positive.
Looks like friday rain here, so I'll check pre-break-in rain performance:beerchug:.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
I went with Vred's in 255/55/ZR18's on my Daytona.......Lovem

·
Registered
605 Posts
255/50/18 Toyo Proxies//////GREAT TIRES on my Daytona

1 - 9 of 9 Posts