Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got this thing on today...but a question to you all more experienced dudes out there...when I rev it (hood opened), it sounds like a whisp at first. I thought at first it was leaking ar something, but I assure you, those freaking clamps are tighened like balls. I never dealt with a CAI before, so this could be how it is supposed to sound. Just curious if anyone could help me.

My Magnas arive Monday...but I am letting a shop put them on...

Thanks....

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
dagummit said:
Finally got this thing on today...but a question to you all more experienced dudes out there...when I rev it (hood opened), it sounds like a whisp at first. I thought at first it was leaking ar something, but I assure you, those freaking clamps are tighened like balls. I never dealt with a CAI before, so this could be how it is supposed to sound. Just curious if anyone could help me.

My Magnas arive Monday...but I am letting a shop put them on...

Thanks....
The wisp is normal....You do not have to tighen up the clamps like balls either. You can not have an air leak on a tube that is open on one end with a filter on it. It is all normal nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
384 Posts
its the air going through the filter, sucks a lot of air dont it?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey another question...is there a part out there that can better direct the air from the bottom where that opening is to channel the air right to the filter? I know the ram air hood does that from the top, but i was curious from the bottom...

·
Registered
384 Posts
thats kinda what the Volant CAI does.

heres a link from lxforums where they did that though. and its good recycleing! (sp)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts