Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just installed splash guards today to keep the road crap off the bottom of my car,now my friends say it looks like an old man's car and they want to know where I'm going to install the bright orange antenna ball in case I can't find my car at the mall.:knockout:

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
just installed splash guards today to keep the road crap off the bottom of my car,now my friends say it looks like an old man's car and they want to know where I'm going to install the bright orange antenna ball in case I can't find my car at the mall.:knockout:
I have them on mine!! I plan on keeping this car for awhile!!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I have them on mine and they do a great job of keeping your car clean if you have to drive through water or mud. Also, obviously, they prevent rock chips.

They have vastly exceeded my expectations.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I installed them on my car. With all the road work around here they help keep rocks and tar off the car.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
i need those im tired of the rear quaters getting dirty 10X quicker that the rest of the car

·
Registered
280 Posts
We ordered our splash guards from the dealer the day we bought our Sub-Lime. They work well, I like the look and it protects the paint.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Any pictures? Does everybody have OEM ones?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've got the OEM ones all the way around. On Mrs Crunchy's 07 RT/Rt in Brilliant Black Pearl, these things look great, hardly like an old man's car.

I was real REAL hesitant to do this add-on for that very reason ( or for it maybe looking like a 70's T/A); but I went ahead and did it, and not only does the car LOOK GOOD, but yes, the rear quarters as well as the rocker panels get far less muck and abuse. No regrets and I'd do it again without question. Sorry, no pics as of yet. Maybe I'll shoot a few tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I've been thinking of installing some, but is it just bolt on? I don't want to install it if I have to drill holes.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes the factory one's pretty much screw in place in the stock locations,you have to drill two holes on the fronts and one on the backs.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well this thread has conviced me to put them on the 1BDPLUM. I get points every time I get my oil changed or any other service done. So I think I have the points to get them free.:rockon: I hope cause arn't they like 80 bucks for all 4?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well this thread has conviced me to put them on the 1BDPLUM. I get points every time I get my oil changed or any other service done. So I think I have the points to get them free.:rockon: I hope cause arn't they like 80 bucks for all 4?
Yup, plus installation (if yo don't want to do it yourself)

You can beat the local Mopar Parts Dept price if you shop online, but by the time you pay for shipping, the savings pretty much washes out on this item.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Do you drill into your Charger or into the mud guards them selves?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Do you drill into your Charger or into the mud guards them selves?
That I can't tell you. I had ours installed while the Dealer was doing a 500 mile oil change (first one) and a door was being adjusted for proper fit under warranty. :lol:

I 'did my time' as a wrench for many MANY years and try to avoid it like the plague today if at all possible; plus I just don't have the time to do it anymore I'm way too busy with other things.. I'm done. In fact, I'm selling my tools & my Snap-On 95th Annv HarleyDavidson box. They are in my way in the garage and have been sitting for more than a few years now.

We got the dealer oil changes & 75,000 mile maint pkg when we bought the car last month. (woo-hoo!!)

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
the splash gurads have holes. You have to drill 3holes per side if i remember right. Front wheel you can turn back wheel needs to come off.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.