Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, me and my cousin and a friend did it Tuesday, but it's been a busy week and I haven't had time to post the pics or the write up yet.

It really wasn't all that hard, it just took a while. We ended up dropping the whole exhaust and then taking the cats off. We used anti-seize to keep the O2 sensors from getting stuck. All 4 sensors came out just fine and went into the new cats without a problem.

We then began to put it all back together. First, we attached the new cats, then the exhaust.

One thing worth noting... the new cats don't line up the same as the stock ones. The left cat hangs a bit lower, and all together they make the exhaust hang much lower. We were unable to get the exhaust to raise up enough to clear the cross member, so we used washers to create space between the exhaust and the crossmember. It's still not enough space because when I hit a big enough bump, my exhaust hits the crossmember, so I am going to remove the crossmember all together.

When I was done, I pulled fuse 11, and drove it like I stole it.

I really like the results. I have a deeper, and louder exhaust note, more midrange power, and a big smile on my face when I floor it! I did throw the P4030 code today. I got it cleared and am waiting to see how long it takes for it to come back. I am looking into solutions to get rid of the code for good in the mean time.

Stock cats on... waiting on them to cool off. Note the pretty blue MOPAR sway bar!!!

New cats in the box waiting for installation

Dropping the MOPAR exhaust.

Here's a shot of the cat. The connection for the O2 sensor is hanging down. We have a damp rag on the cat to protect from burns. You can see where the cats connects tothe headers.

The whole old system out and on the ground.

Old cat with O2 sensors still attached.

New and old side by side.

Here's a shot of the inside of the header where it bolts up to the cat.

I don't have any pics past this but you get the idea. Just button her back up and head on down the road.

Yes, I recommend these cats as a mod. Great bang for the buck and an obvious diffference after the install. Oh, and Magnaflow doesn't put their name on anything that doesn't increase horsepower!

·
Registered
542 Posts
SWEET!

I loved the results from mine too!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice work, how long did it take you to put them on? These are my next MOD, who did you get them from?
It took about 3 hours, but we were hanging out and talking alot. i got mine from a friend, but I think you can order them from MAGNAFLOW's website, or one of the many supporting vendors here on the forum.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Never seen that Mopar exhaust before, where did you find it. Looks like the Corsa system. I've always heard that Mopar was a rebadged Borla!?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Never seen that Mopar exhaust before, where did you find it. Looks like the Corsa system. I've always heard that Mopar was a rebadged Borla!?
X2. I have the Borla 112's, and they look nothing like that Mopar system.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
High Horse Performance has a very competitive price...dont buy direct from Magnaflow because you will pay suggested retail....

Great pictures and writeup....I liked the deeper roar I got when I put the hi-flows on my former SRT8....:cool:
Thanks for the lead....I'm calling them today..........

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.