Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a great deal on the kit (Mopar Performance KW Coil Over Stage 2 Suspension part # P4510841), and took it to the dealership today to have it installed (where I eneed up paying more than I expected, but whatever I can't do this myself)

They called me just before finshing up to ask if I wanted it higher or lower. Well of course I said lower, so they took it all the way down - lowered 2" at the front and 1.5" at the rear.

When I went to pick it up, I did not know what to expect. I had recently installed an SRT fascia, and this thing was now loking pretty low. I actually first thought to myself was "OMG, what have I done?" It is quite low, here's a pic:

But then I took it for a drive. Holy cow! The car seems to be on rails when cornering, virtually no body roll, and when you brake hard, the nose dips a lot less than before. I have only had one chance to get on the gas since I picked it up, and it seemed to have bette rtraction as well. The ride is firmer, but not intolerably stiff. Still need to see if it will pass the wifey test, or if I get slapped (again).

So first impressions are very good, it's like the car suddenly has a "sports mode" setting. It is of course adjustable height, so I will have to raise it fo rthe winter. But right now, I am enjoying a virtually new car - at least it drives that way!

Here's another pic from tonights cruise night..

·
Registered
563 Posts
looks incredible man! congrats! :beerchug:

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Damn, Steve...you're killin' me! Your car looks awesome! Congrats!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Looks great!:rocker: What did you pay for the kit if you don't mind me asking?:D

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
congrats bro!!! it's been known as the "knight and day mod".

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Looking good! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the comments folks!

Looks great!:rocker: What did you pay for the kit if you don't mind me asking?:D
$1,010 shipped. regular is around $1400-1500 + ship

Very nice!

Hey, what rims are those?? I like them.
Those are American Racing RTS 20" x 8.5

And yes it is like night and day....

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
So is the Mopar V2 kit a rebrand of the KW V2's?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Thanks for all the comments folks!

$1,010 shipped. regular is around $1400-1500 + ship

Those are American Racing RTS 20" x 8.5

And yes it is like night and day....
Your ride looks sweeeet !

How much did they charge you for the install if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
WOW, looking nice! I'd never make it into the garage without scraping!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the feedback all of you.

Well the install was more than I expected, I had been told to expect $600-700 ($CDN).

Still have not gone faster than 80kph. But I do know that the ground clearance is, well, less than before :)

and it does look rather "badass", I must say.

In the last 4 weeks I have added this kit, SRT fascia, OEM HIDs with AAC LED halos. It has been crazy, but the car sure is turning heads.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
^^^ how can it not man! looks beautiful!

·
Registered
181 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
I just confirmed it...the Mopar stage 2 coil over kit is the re-branded KW v1. One of my beat partners let me look under his Charger. He has the Mopar stage 2 coil over kit. He has the spring adjustment but not the damper adjustment. From what I understand, the KW v2 has both the spring and damper adjustment.

It is still a excellent coil over kit as I was going to get it also. I just have to work on saving money for the Mopar kit. But it will happen.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Maybe I went a little too low....

Good news is that it passed the spousal unit test - but just, methinks.

I've scraped the underneath of the SRT fascia a few times, but yesterday the front crossmember smacked the very top of a slightly protuding manhole cover on my street, No damage that I can see, BUT I think this is not really practical.

I had to go back to my service tech Saturday as when I had my oil changed two weeks ago, the dipstick handle broke off. They ordered a new one, so it should have been easy in and out.

Turns out a piece of the handle had lodged further down the tube, so the new one would not go into the oil pan. He was removing the tube from the block, had to put it on the hoist.

Of course the car is now too low to get the arms of the hoist underneath. O.K. So he gets 4 small blocks of 2x4 wood, parks the car on the blocks, voila! Now the hoist can get under. He blew out the tube with an air gun which dislodged the bit of plastic, reassembled, dipstick goes all the way in!

Got me thinking though what if I have a flat, will I be able to get the jack under, or call a tow truck. Sheesh. The things we do to our cars...

Yes, it looks great, and the handling is incredible. However, this is my daily driver, and if I carry anyone (like yesterday) it just gets lower. So I am going to have to get it raised back up by an inch or so, even go back to stock and just see what the new stuff is like at normal ride height. It is 2 inches lower at front than stock.

I was going to get it raised when I put my winter wheels on, but I may have to bring that on sooner. Will need 4-wheel alignment.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Looks devilish, well worth the money, money well spent is always better than money just saved, I bet it rides like a friggin spaceship now. Congrats man.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Still need to see if it will pass the wifey test, or if I get slapped (again).
I still have not passed that test, dont think I ever will. Didn't even tell her I was getting my Charger till I had it in the parking spot. HAHA.

I just hope she lets me mod it since my last car was WAYYYYY to loud and my neighbors hated me. Set off there car alarms everytime I started it and drove by.

Looks nice, I would bring it up an inch in front and 1/2 in back. That would save your fascia and rear and control arms and everything else that costs a crap load to replace.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts