Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had my local dealer install a Mopar cold air intake into my 2013 Charger R/T maxx. I stopped at a gas station to run in and get a drink and noticed a squealing noise from the engine. Almost sounded like a bad belt....but could not pin point it. It did it whole time I was in gas station. By the time I got home it had stopped, however after I turned off the car I had a extremely high pitch squeal that lasted about 5 seconds after the engine was off....any ideas?!?!?! is this from the cold air or a more serious issue?!?! Any help would be awesome.

·
Registered
822 Posts
The only thing I could think of that makes noise like this was when I had a boost leak on my subaru. It would make a high pitched noise but would get worse as you accelerated too. And how it could still make the noise after the engine was off makes no sense.

So I would just check to make sure they installed it correctly and none of the seals are leaking at the throttle body. Maybe they forgot to tighten the clamp ring there? Or could they possibly have gotten some sort of oil on your belts? That could cause something like that sound too. They should never be lubed with anything and if somehow they dripped oil or grease or something on the belts they could be making some noise.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Ummmm... Wut!?
Ok was it that loud very noticeable squeal that you cringe at when a guy down the street turns his car on and you can hear it orrrrr....
Was it a tiny high pitched note that only you know wasnt there until the CAI went on?
Anyways, i suggest you check all connections are where they need to be, no loose rubber connectors, loose clamps, loose tubes etc... That may cause an opening/gap for air to be sucked in and whistle... Not quite squeal
I experienced something like a noticeable only to me, low volume high pitched whistle when i first put in a high flow filter and it became more louder after putting in a CAI. Made sure all conections are tight and cleaned out throttle body carbon build up and now it is gone.
If you mean the loud cringeable down the street type squeal, id take take it back to the dealership asap and tell them when it started doing it.
GL let us know whatsup

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I am at a loss....I mean I went out and started the car cold...no noise than after idling for about 15 seconds starts squealing...everything looks tight so taking it in 730am for them to figure it out....figures as several people tried talking me out of putting it on and now I get to hear I told you so, including from my wife lol

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Once everything gets squared away itll all be fine, prob wouldve been better if you put it in.
It may not have anything related to it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad I didn't because then they would have blamed me lol.....oh well. Engine was also extremely hot...but temp gauge shows perfectly in the middle....just bothers me as it only has 3000 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I would guess it's a bad seal issue, especially since it does it after it is shut off. You are sucking air from somewhere. Maybe you can just tell everybody that you had a supercharger installed...:banana:

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
U were testing out a turbo or one of those ebay turbines lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Found out other people have had issues like this on other sites....of course no one ever goes back and says what it was lol...I will be sure to tell you what happens. But powerman, guess I am just luckly lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So yeah...was a bad PCV valve lol...part came in today should be fixed tomorrow. On another note however...in looking at it they proceeded to scratch the crap out of my engine cover which they are also replacing lol...Never a dull moment I tell you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts