Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got down installing my AFE CAI, did the fuse reset, and now it seems sluggish and slower than it did before. Pedal response is a lot slower and the car overall seems slower, has anyone else experienced this or have any insight?

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Im going through the exact same thing you are but not b/c of a mod install. I had the dealer flash my TCM and the car has the exact same problems your describing. Ive made a few inquiries on forums so far, and have not had any luck to solve it yet

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well with all the people doing mods on here, hopefully someone will be able to help us....

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I have AFE, and never had that problem. Are you sure you installed it correctly? Is the car sluggish at WOT or just normal acceleration?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im pretty sure it is installed correctly it isnt really that hard to do. It seems sluggish on pedal response and accelaration. At WOT its hard to tell bc of the slow start. Just overall seems slower. AFter i got my borla 125s installed it didnt feel like that.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
since you did the fuse set the car has to RELEARN how to drive.

drive hard for the next few days and it'll be better.

it wont drive hard and fast when its reset. you have to do it on your own and it will LEARN to do it all the time.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok that makes sense. so just drive it hard and it will go back to being more responsive and faster?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I had the same issue with mine, freaked out, emailed AFE and they also suggested to give it time ... I did and I finally felt the difference. I didn't do the fuse 11 pull since I didn't know about it haha

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I pull fuses 11, 14, and 16 AND disconnet the negative on my battery.

That formula seems to work WONDERS!

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
you do the turn key cycle with those fuses pulled too before u put em back in AZ?

(pull them 3, insert key. turn and hold to "start" til chime.... ENGINE WILL NOT START.... repeat til chime. and return key to regular off position. re insert fuses)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Did you break the Air sensor? i know that sounds pretty basic but that can throw everythign off..... alot...lol

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i dont think i broke the sensor, i got it out and put it back in just fine i thought. I also didnt notice a sound difference, maybe bc i had the exhuast first. Wouldnt it throw a code if something was wrong?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
i dont think i broke the sensor, i got it out and put it back in just fine i thought. I also didnt notice a sound difference, maybe bc i had the exhuast first. Wouldnt it throw a code if something was wrong?
it would throw a code. you;re fine. just give it a week of driving hard...then you'll notice you only need to tap the pedal for it to drive hard :)

oh and you dont need to do the whole turn the key thing when pullin the fuses...you only need to pull fuse 11

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
you do the turn key cycle with those fuses pulled too before u put em back in AZ?

(pull them 3, insert key. turn and hold to "start" til chime.... ENGINE WILL NOT START.... repeat til chime. and return key to regular off position. re insert fuses)
Nope, no need

·
Registered
56 Posts
You can also try the throttle reset procedure, where you advance the key and push the gas pedal down slowly then let it back up slowley...the exact procedure is out there posted somewhere...

Jaybo

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
You can also try the throttle reset procedure, where you advance the key and push the gas pedal down slowly then let it back up slowley...the exact procedure is out there posted somewhere...

Jaybo
to the OP, here it is if you want to try it. Worked for me a little but not enough to satisfy the problem

Throttle Calibration

Throttle calibration can substantially improve throttle responsiveness over "factory standard." Many people notice what appears to be sluggish throttle response or a "dead area" at initial accelerator depression. Throttle calibration can take care of these.
1) Insert ignition key and turn to "ON" (not start).
2) Wait for all idiot lights to go out. Check Engine Light may remain on.
3) Slowly depress the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor.
4) Slowly release the accelerator pedal until it's all the way back up.
5) Turn the ignition key to "OFF".
6) Start the engine.
Most drivers notice an immediate change in throttle response, but depending on your driving style, you may need to repeat this procedure periodically due to the computer's adaptive programming. You likely need to repeat this procedure any time the battery is disconnected.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Did you break the Air sensor? i know that sounds pretty basic but that can throw everythign off..... alot...lol
If he did he'd get a CEL. I agree it's probably the adaptives at work. Either that or he left a rag in the intake tube :razz:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts