Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced the 322 watt amp, which was a great factory amp and sound system.

Love the surround feature. Can't say I notice a much of a difference otherwise. Seems to need less rear balance and less bass.

Instructions were fantastic. One minor problem, I knocked the brake light switch loose in the process, and to take all the trim back off to get it back in place.

Anybody want to buy a 322 watt amp?

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have that amp too and I love it. Great upgrade!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Replaced the 322 watt amp, which was a great factory amp and sound system.

Love the surround feature. Can't say I notice a much of a difference otherwise. Seems to need less rear balance and less bass.

Instructions were fantastic. One minor problem, I knocked the brake light switch loose in the process, and to take all the trim back off to get it back in place.

Anybody want to buy a 322 watt amp?
How much was the new amp? Was it plug & play?

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much was the new amp? Was it plug & play?
I think it retails at 199. I honestly don't know how much I paid, because I bought several other things to go along with it. Got a discount on the total amount. Very plug and play, and the instructions were fantastic. Double check the brake switch before buttoning everything up.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
you need less bass because its adding power to all channels and it restage's the rear's and for 199 it's a nice little upgrade if you dont want to go crazy with the system. it makes a huge difference on the kicker system-it's tones down the tiny tweeters

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you need less bass because its adding power to all channels and it restage's the rear's and for 199 it's a nice little upgrade if you dont want to go crazy with the system. it makes a huge difference on the kicker system-it's tones down the tiny tweeters
Biggest difference I noticed from the obvious stage presence, the bass is much cleaner. If you like lots and lots of thumping bass, this amp isn't for you. I'm still trying to dial in settings.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
hey part deux-if your into bass then go for the kicker amp and sub set up from the srt and ditch the boston sub in the rear deck and use that space for a threw port-and your daytona will be ripping on a budget.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Biggest difference I noticed from the obvious stage presence, the bass is much cleaner. If you like lots and lots of thumping bass, this amp isn't for you. I'm still trying to dial in settings.
Is the bass just as good as the smaller amp?

·
Registered
377 Posts
hey part deux-if your into bass then go for the kicker amp and sub set up from the srt and ditch the boston sub in the rear deck and use that space for a threw port-and your daytona will be ripping on a budget.
I hear that many people didn't like the Kicker system. They have said that the Boston system sounds better.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
it's all how you tune it-the kicker has 4 tweeters and 4 mid drivers and then of course the sub and it tend's to be tinny if you turn up the highs past 3 on the radio and the mids get to high if you turn the mids up past -2 on the radio but the 368 amp is the fix for that-and as far as the boston system all the speakers are a coated paper and reproduce mids and mid bass better but lack the really sharp highs [and paper goes bye bye after time] were the kickers are a mold blown injected abs plastic and will last 3 times as along-and a little known fact is the boston's with the 322 amp are playing at there power range wee the kickers are way under powered and need more [haness kicker releasing the 368 amp] the boston's can handle up to 60 watts peak power were the kickers can handle 125 on the dash speakers and 150 on the doors and rear deck and from the factory they are only getting 46 watts each so the coils on the speakers arent getting hit with a nuff power-if you hit the factory kicker stuff with twice the power they rip-i did a guys car [srt8] by removing the factory amp and replacing it with a JL AUDIO 6 channel and at 2 ohm's putting out 85 watts to each speaker x 6 the system rocked hard and they still had room for more power the only problem is now the rear kicker sub amp is not keeping up-so now we have to hit the rear kicker sub with a bigger amp [the factory kicker sub can handle 150 watts more in that encloser then what the factory kicker sub amp is given it.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I'm becoming disillusioned with the 368 watt amp. Just for grins, turned the bass to +9, fade to +3R and turned on the kids cRAP. The factory sub had virtually nothing coming out of it, where before the car would be bouncing like it had a set if hydraulics. I love the surround stage presence, but without any bass :(

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm becoming disillusioned with the 368 watt amp. Just for grins, turned the bass to +9, fade to +3R and turned on the kids cRAP. The factory sub had virtually nothing coming out of it, where before the car would be bouncing like it had a set if hydraulics. I love the surround stage presence, but without any bass :(
Par tDeux, So are you saying now that it's not worth it?
[email protected] you have a PM

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Par tDeux, So are you saying now that it's not worth it?
[email protected] you have a PM
Right now, no it's not worth it. lost all the low end. It cleans up mid range and balances the speakers nicely. Surround feature is awesome, really increases stage presence, but at what cost?

I have a friend who knows the right people at Chrysler, and is supposed to be talking to them soon. I'm amost wondering if this amp requires powered sub to function.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
you dont have the center channel speaker like the 300srt's have. so go back and turn off the surround switch and see if you like that. because you dont have center channel in the charger the amp is trying to use the doors as center channel. remember this is NOT a antalog amp-it's digital. the kicker sub upgrade would be the next step if you want to run it in surround mode

·
Registered
377 Posts
Right now, no it's not worth it. lost all the low end. It cleans up mid range and balances the speakers nicely. Surround feature is awesome, really increases stage presence, but at what cost?

I have a friend who knows the right people at Chrysler, and is supposed to be talking to them soon. I'm amost wondering if this amp requires powered sub to function.
I found this on the Boston Acoustics website. I wonder if this is why you can't reproduce what you had before, since it is tuned for the Kicker system or a different car.

Once the speakers are selected they are matched up with a Digital Signal Processing (DSP) amplifier. Each channel in the amplifier is "tuned" specifically for each speaker using a proprietary software program. Because the speakers are placed in different locations within the vehicle, each will perform slightly different from the next. This tuning process increases the performance and sound quality of each speaker.

·
Registered
580 Posts
you dont have the center channel speaker like the 300srt's have. so go back and turn off the surround switch and see if you like that. because you dont have center channel in the charger the amp is trying to use the doors as center channel. remember this is NOT a antalog amp-it's digital. the kicker sub upgrade would be the next step if you want to run it in surround mode

That's not completely accurate. While the amp does have a built in DSP and from what I read somewhere uses class D topology, it's still outputing an analog voltage to the speakers.

The "D" in class D does not stand for digital. What it's referring to is how the output transistors are used vs. analog vs. digital.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts