Charger Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever do any research into installing stealth mode into an R/T? Is it just a matter of sourcing a pursuit dimmer switch or would I also need to hack the BCM?
I installed Sport Mode 2 and paddle shifters in my base R/T with some help by AMP to hack the BCM to enable the sales codes so I'm fairly confident that this is possible, I just need to know what's required. Thanks!

· Premium Member
23,154 Posts
I think the OP wants all of the interior lights off when sitting at idle.

Of course, this can be simply done on the 8.4 screen through selection of turning off the dash lights when the headlights are off.

The owner's manual is a great resource of information...:wink3:

· Registered
325 Posts
I think the OP wants all of the interior lights off when sitting at idle.

Of course, this can be simply done on the 8.4 screen through selection of turning off the dash lights when the headlights are off.

The owner's manual is a great resource of information...:wink3:
Interesting... I will have to check into that!

My biggest fear is, running lights on the dash 24/7 that they'd eventually burn out... but assuming they use LEDs like the rest of the buttons, this is pretty improbable for a long time! We'll see what I like the look of better :grin2:.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stealth mode dims all interior lights while the headlights are off.
It is activated by turning the dimmer all the way past off.
It is available on the pursuit models.
You can not dim the dash lights though UConnect AFAIK, you can only turn he screen off.
The gauges and all other lights would still be max brightness.

· Premium Member
23,154 Posts
Stealth mode dims all interior lights while the headlights are off.
It is activated by turning the dimmer all the way past off.
It is available on the pursuit models.
You can not dim the dash lights though UConnect AFAIK, you can only turn he screen off.
The gauges and all other lights would still be max brightness.
Check again. You can turn off all of the other dash lights by selection.

· Registered
313 Posts
I am also very interested in this, I am a PI and have to either sit with the car off or put a piece of cardboard on the dash and still cover the screen because it glows when off.

· Registered
4,749 Posts
Ok , thanks.
I'll play with the settings tomorrow but I thought checked all of them...
Still interested about implimenting my original question though.
Let me know if you find it.

I was unable to locate these settings.
Pretty sure it has something to do with the US vs Canadian version.

Do you know how (or form where) to hack the BCM?
I've been contemplating this as I'd like the ability to control operation of my DRL's...

· Super Moderator
16,418 Posts
Reactions: RScottyL

· Registered
313 Posts
Let me know if you find it.

I was unable to locate these settings.
Pretty sure it has something to do with the US vs Canadian version.

Do you know how (or form where) to hack the BCM?
I've been contemplating this as I'd like the ability to control operation of my DRL's...
I have the DRL option but was unable to dim the radio or the instruments with any option.

· Registered
325 Posts
Check again. You can turn off all of the other dash lights by selection.
I checked and double checked everything... I think LOL. Couldn't find anything to get it done... tried playing with the light adjustment wheels too and got nothing out of that as well.

Reactions: POWERMAN

· Premium Member
23,154 Posts
I checked and double checked everything... I think LOL. Couldn't find anything to get it done... tried playing with the light adjustment wheels too and got nothing out of that as well.
PM DodgeCares. They posted the How-to a while back in a thread complaining about the same issue of not being able to turn off the dash lights at night when the headlights are off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.