Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some pix reinstalling my headrest covers that I had embroidered by Jina with R/T (similar to HICharger's). I didn't want to be without headrests for a week (not very safe) and I also saved a bit by doing this part myself. I used a couple of sleeves cutoff from a black shirt to cover the foam inserts while I was waiting.

PIX ARE DOWN TWO POSTS! Sorry!

The process is the same for removing and reinstalling the covers: To remove, release the C-clips at the bottom seam by squeezing the front and back together. To remove or install the cover: Compress and slowly wriggle each side of the cover, alternating side to side. The foam insert is wrapped in plastic which makes it easier to remove and install so try not to tear it. The key is to not be shy about compressing the foam and don't try to make too much progress too quickly pulling the covers on or off. Once it gets about halfway, it goes easy from there. The C-clips go back by again squeezing the front and back together so the clips overlap to lock.

Took me about twenty minutes to remove and about the same to reinstall the covers. Well worth the effort!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
i don't seen pics..

·
Registered
702 Posts
Here are some pix reinstalling my headrest covers that I had embroidered by Jina with R/T (similar to HICharger's). I didn't want to be without headrests for a week (not very safe) and I also saved a bit by doing this part myself. I used a couple of sleeves cutoff from a black shirt to cover the foam inserts while I was waiting.

PIX ARE DOWN TWO POSTS! Sorry!

The process is the same for removing and reinstalling the covers: To remove, release the C-clips at the bottom seam by squeezing the front and back together. To remove or install the cover: Compress and slowly wriggle each side of the cover, alternating side to side. The foam insert is wrapped in plastic which makes it easier to remove and install so try not to tear it. The key is to not be shy about compressing the foam and don't try to make too much progress too quickly pulling the covers on or off. Once it gets about halfway, it goes easy from there. The C-clips go back by again squeezing the front and back together so the clips overlap to lock.

Took me about twenty minutes to remove and about the same to reinstall the covers. Well worth the effort!
Head rests look great.

Where did you get your seats or are those stock? I can't tell.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Road & Track seats which are same as in Daytona without the red stitching.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, what does something like that run? I wouldnt mind getting Charger in classic script on mine.:grin:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Price was $110 if I sent the headrests complete, but it was only $70 to send the covers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts