Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you guys ever used one of those inyectors cleaners, i mean the kind that you drop in to the gas tank when you fill it up, please let me know if its ok to use them, or if is not, and why of course ! thanks !

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
I personally never use them. I've heard that they can cause more issues than they fix if they do anything at all. I have been using the ACES IV that Brian with BnD sells and I am convinced it is the way to go. Not trying to sell his product here (because I've pushed it enough in other threads already LOL!!) but I do believe in his products. :bigthumb:

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Have you guys ever used one of those inyectors cleaners, i mean the kind that you drop in to the gas tank when you fill it up, please let me know if its ok to use them, or if is not, and why of course ! thanks !
Fearless,

The problem with ALL fuel injector cleaners is that they do not address the copper, vanadium and the amino acids that combine under heat to produce the gum and varnish (crunchy stuff on the tip) They do have some success getting it clean but then combine in the combustion chamber and put it right back on again after.

As 4deater said, the ACES IV has a fuel injector cleaner built in that will get clean and keep clean the injectors and render copper, vanadium and amine inert so that they cannot combine together.

Much better way to go, getting better fuel economy, lubricity, and cleaner too.

Thanks

Brian
440-821-9040 :bigthumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts