Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm toying with the idea of black rims but I can't figure out if I like them or not. Maybe not these particular rims, but the same basic idea (silver edge, black center). Opinions?

·
Registered
549 Posts
To be dead honest.....No those rims will not look good IF that were my car. But that isn't to say that you shouldn't do it to your car since I feel to each his own.

Later

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
bstowers said:
I'm toying with the idea of black rims but I can't figure out if I like them or not. Maybe not these particular rims, but the same basic idea (silver edge, black center). Opinions?

Hmmm, I'm not feeling it.

I have a Cool Vanilla Charger and have tested on Tirerack .com how black looks and, well, no!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's either the exact color of your car, or chrome.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
RadarmagneT has been thinking the same thing.
Could some one photoShop this side vie and eliminate the silver ring.
I think it would look better with all black rims.

One other suggestion for the Photoshop, black-out the side mirrors.
________
GONG BONG

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, wasn't there a thread recently that had pictures of a couple of Daytonas on a dealership lot, one of which had some nice custom chromes on it? I can't find it anywhere now...

·
Registered
549 Posts
Better but I dunno....Gunmetal colored might go better.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Id say go chrome, not black. Black looks awesome on a black car, especially a totally blacked out car (limo tint, blackout lights etc), but would have to be part of a theme on just about any other color.

Hmm, Vanilla White with black stripes, tint, blackout lights, and black wheels, maybe...or maybe not, I dunno.

Anyways, its all subjective, so if you like it thats what counts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow. This post is 3 years old now, but I can't help myself from now saying anything.... In 2008, Black Rims on Vanilla White looks HOT!!! Chrome is much too common these days. What's more, black makes it appear much sportier. I've owned chrome wheels on just about all the 7 cars I've ever owned, but now that I've purchased a new '08 Charger, the thought of 22 inch chrome rims seems downright boring. 22 inch chrome's was a statement 3 years ago, but today in 2008, it's just following the crowd. Waaaay too many. And really, if it's one of those over-blown SNOWFLAKE designs, then it turns your sporty look, into a luxury sedan look. Too pimpish, and not sporty-aggressive enough for me. Black on white is HOT, HOT, HOT!!!!! In fact, black rims on ANY COLOR on ANY CAR seems hot!! Even gun-metal would be better than Chrome. I wish I had answered this post 3 years ago!!!!

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Wow. This post is 3 years old now, but I can't help myself from now saying anything.... In 2008, Black Rims on Vanilla White looks HOT!!! Chrome is much too common these days. What's more, black makes it appear much sportier. I've owned chrome wheels on just about all the 7 cars I've ever owned, but now that I've purchased a new '08 Charger, the thought of 22 inch chrome rims seems downright boring. 22 inch chrome's was a statement 3 years ago, but today in 2008, it's just following the crowd. Waaaay too many. And really, if it's one of those over-blown SNOWFLAKE designs, then it turns your sporty look, into a luxury sedan look. Too pimpish, and not sporty-aggressive enough for me. Black on white is HOT, HOT, HOT!!!!! In fact, black rims on ANY COLOR on ANY CAR seems hot!! Even gun-metal would be better than Chrome. I wish I had answered this post 3 years ago!!!!
holy revived post batman....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts