Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to increase the power in my Charger. What i can use to do this???

·
Registered
702 Posts
SCOTTY I NEED MORE POWER!

But if I push her any harder the Dylithium crystals are going to blow!

(*yes, that was a Star Trek refrence*) :nerd:

·
Registered
416 Posts
I want to increase the power in my Charger. What i can use to do this???
Use money to buy:
Intake
Exhaust (headers, catback)
Engine computer tune (a plug in tuner or send yours in to get it flashed)

1) N/A more power:
Heads (multiple vendors)
Cam (multiple options)

2) Nitrous:
Many kits out there.

3) Supercharger
A few kits.

I want to do N/A power, just need more time (which means more cash)

·
Registered
172 Posts
speed holes

try drilling 2"holes in the body of the car to reduce the overall weight.lol or buy a exhuast and a cold air intake and a tuner

·
Registered
2,387 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
The first thing I would suggest is to do a lot of research first. Than make a decision what direction you want to go, how much power, how much money.
It's only money. You can co with anything from a simple CAI and exhaust all the way to a stroked 392 or 426. Welcome to the game.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
If you are on a budget, diablo or a cam is your best bang for you buck.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Yup.. Go for intake, full exhaust and then diablo tuning that bad boy just about starts you off...
If you plan heads & cam and add a converter and slap on a custom tune and you will be joining the 12 sec. N/A 5.7L Club!

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
try drilling 2"holes in the body of the car to reduce the overall weight.lol or buy a exhuast and a cold air intake and a tuner
The holes are the cheapest bet, start drilling them in the gas tank, that way the fuel doesn't slow you down either.

Go for the simple, exhaust, intake and tuner, from what I read that is like the gateway mod, leads to wanting to get higher and higher, i mean faster, lol.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Talking about the holes it was a real strategy in the old school of tuners in the 60's making holes in the structure of the car to make it lighter, and then they came with the aluminum chassis. Interesting ah?
Is amazing that 350 and 400 HP engines exist since 1950, but our laws started to make difficult the increase of power to the car companies. Even ford once quit from race cars productions because those laws and negative comments against the money that they where earning in race.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The exhaust void the garantee???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts