Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help. Already have Magna Flow Exhaust & Mopar Cool Air Intake. What else can I do to increase the performance of my Charger without breaking my piggy bank or damaging the engine? 2006 Charger R/T. Thanks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Diablo Predator:rocker:

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
Can anyone help. Already have Magna Flow Exhaust & Mopar Cool Air Intake. What else can I do to increase the performance of my Charger without breaking my piggy bank or damaging the engine? 2006 Charger R/T. Thanks.
Boomer,

ACES IV and a Custom Blended QuantumBlue engine oil will produce more power while protecting your engine.

Our 6.1 SRT8 picked up 19 hp and 31 ftlbs of torque at Akron Horsepower using this combination.

Really makes a difference and both complement the Predator.

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040:bigthumb:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Definitely a Diablosport Predator, these cars are tuned like garbage from the factory... but to get the best gains you need to be willing to go to 91, or 93 octane gas (Also see Brian's post above mine, to save money on upping your octane) then maybe look at an underdrive pulley, or high flow cats.

·
Registered
182 Posts
n2o is the best bang for the buck period. The programmer is ok but not really a HP gainner. You'll be lucky to get 10-15 HP out of it with a can tune and basically a stock car. You can find a few n2o kits for around the same price as the programmer with cables and get much more power. 75-125 HP shots has been shown to be safe with our cars.
When I got my programmer I was not very happy as there wasn't any noticable difference in power at all. Now that I have my heads, cam etc I needed it simply for tuning reasons and now happy with the tuner.
If you are not upgrading and not racing on a regular basis I'd say just spray it. It will be much cheaper in the long run and you can always put it on another car if you sell this one.
One thing to keep in mind though is that N2O is not street legal and there are safety issues you'll have to worry about.

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
n2o is the best bang for the buck period. The programmer is ok but not really a HP gainner. You'll be lucky to get 10-15 HP out of it with a can tune and basically a stock car. You can find a few n2o kits for around the same price as the programmer with cables and get much more power. 75-125 HP shots has been shown to be safe with our cars.
When I got my programmer I was not very happy as there wasn't any noticable difference in power at all. Now that I have my heads, cam etc I needed it simply for tuning reasons and now happy with the tuner.
If you are not upgrading and not racing on a regular basis I'd say just spray it. It will be much cheaper in the long run and you can always put it on another car if you sell this one.
One thing to keep in mind though is that N2O is not street legal and there are safety issues you'll have to worry about.
True! Along with that too remember that Nitrous is an accelerant but contains no lubricity. It is completely dry kinda like Methanol, Ethanol, and Nitromethane.

If you do use Nitrous, consider adding the ACES IV in the fuel to produce lubricity while making your Nitrous about 7% more powerful.

Just for your information.

Thanks
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040 :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts

I find it funny you are recommending nitrous, yet you don't use it yourself. I do not recommend nitrous to someone that doesn't know what they are doing with it, not to mention is running on a stock bottom end. At that point you are just waiting for when your motor goes boom, not if it does. You are correct, Nitrous is the best 'bang for the buck' as far as gains go, but excluding a ticking timebomb, the Diablosport Tuner is the best mod for our cars as far as $ to HP. Our cars were not tuned very good from the factories because of a 'conservative' tune due to the car being under warranty. No one else finds it odd a 350 HP V8 runs off 89 octane?

·
Registered
2020 Sinamon Stick Charger Scatpack
233 Posts
I agree, nitrous is not for everyone. The easiest mods are Diablo, Catback, CAI, underdrive pulley and of course BND's fluids. It doesn't get much easier than pour in horsepower. After those mods things get a little harder and more expensive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Mango...got another question. I'm new to tuning. Whats the purpose of 180 Thermostat? What is in the factory 2006 Charger R/T?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
x10 on the Diablo... car will run much better and yes you need to change t-stat and then lower your fan settings with the Predator.... a cooler engine.. especially the Hemi... runs better and makes more power...you will use more gas because its more fun to jump on it!!

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
Thanks Mango...got another question. I'm new to tuning. Whats the purpose of 180 Thermostat? What is in the factory 2006 Charger R/T?
Not only the T-stat but use the appropriate coolant. QuantumBlue HP Gold Coolant that is sodium free, nitrate free, phosphate free, and sulfate free.

Evacuates heat up to 4 times faster and will leave no sodium film to hold heat.

Less heat, more power and better protection.....5 years - 150,000 miles.

Thanks
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040 :driving:

·
Registered
233 Posts
I still do not believe in the lower temp thermostat. Even the SRT engineers say it is a waste of time. The tuning needed to make sure it works properly is not there yet. There are some scalars and tables that we cannot get to in the tune to make this mod work correctly. The appropriate method to reduce engine heat would be to use BND's coolant to remove heat more efficiently.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
I still do not believe in the lower temp thermostat. Even the SRT engineers say it is a waste of time. The tuning needed to make sure it works properly is not there yet. There are some scalars and tables that we cannot get to in the tune to make this mod work correctly. The appropriate method to reduce engine heat would be to use BND's coolant to remove heat more efficiently.
I beg to differ on this....our cars (chrysler) uses mass density, not mass flo for there tables, the SRT engineers can't say to use the lower tstat, because it is used to lower emissions, with the mass density, the cooler the engine...ie..the more power you gain, the PCM will see a lower engine temp, and try to compensate with more timing and less fuel to raise temp, this helps with more power, also our engine get extremely heat soaked with the stock stat....more heat = less power...

·
Registered
233 Posts
I beg to differ on this....our cars (chrysler) uses mass density, not mass flo for there tables, the SRT engineers can't say to use the lower tstat, because it is used to lower emissions, with the mass density, the cooler the engine...ie..the more power you gain, the PCM will see a lower engine temp, and try to compensate with more timing and less fuel to raise temp, this helps with more power, also our engine get extremely heat soaked with the stock stat....more heat = less power...
The computer will increase the fuel mixture(richen) to increase the temp. That is why I said the tuning is not there yet. There are a couple of scalars in the tune that could be adjusted lower so keep this from happening. We just dont have the capabilities to do that yet.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts