Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the process of removing the Headers

Edit: Up way to late last night, title meant to say, "In the process of removing the Headers."

So far I have removed the cat-back, mids and now in the process of removing the headers for my 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 (replacing them with Kooks). During this install I'm going to replace the current motor mounts with Speedlogix REM Solid Motor Mounts. Is their anything else I should upgrade while I'm under the car, since the exhaust is off? I should also mention early next year I'll be installing the Ken Bell. Does it make sense to do something like the Getrag for my car and if so which one? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
59 Posts
God help you! I did mine years ago and would just assume shoot myself before I had to do it again! I just got new heads put on and paid someone else to do it just so I wouldn't have to deal with the headers again!

·
Registered
909 Posts
I second Phantomworks! I did headers on my Charger last year (I've since sold the car), and when I get my next Charger, I will be paying a shop to install headers on it when the time comes. It was an absolutely terrible job. Especially the passenger side.

If you haven't done so yet, it's a perfect time to change your anti-freeze since the engine block drain bolts will be very accessible with the exhaust manifolds off. It's definitely the perfect time to change out your engine mounts since you will have to remove them from the car anyway.

Other than that, there's really nothing I can think of.. Just hope you have A LOT of patience.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah I'm still in the process of removing the drivers side header (two top bolts left) and still have to do the passenger side ugggg. My biggest down fall is that my hands give out in a short amount of time, so it's been very difficult. I decided I'll be purchasing the Getrag 3.73 LSD Differential Rear End Kit.

I really should have someone else do the headers for me, but its a little to late for that, I say I should have it done in about a month lol.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It seriously took me probably 4 days to remove and install. I ramen bet literally doing a 1/4 of a turn and having to stop. If I remember correctly you should be able to teach some from the top with 1/4 drive and socket. I was also able to get some from the bottom with a couple extensions and a couple of swivels. Seriously 2 o3 swivels with a couple different size extenisons. I will tell you this I have a shit load done to my car and the rearend is hold up just fine. Also be prepared yiu will notice your bottom end grunt fall off. It did with mine.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I remember wedging my arm elbow deep in between the passenger side header and engine block doing 1/8 turns at a time to tighten up the bolts. Not fun. Those SRT manifolds are a royal pain in the behind. Those are actually what I installed on my R/T, and apparently they're some of the most difficult to install because of their size.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
<<wondering how much for ur srt manifolds

1 - 7 of 7 Posts