Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to replace my front grill (crosshairs only) because I don't like the chrome setup.

Should I go with a color matched crosshairs or flat black?

Please keep in mind that I'm keeping the stock inserts ans may change them to the honeycomb sometime down the road.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I'm getting Flat Black, but I have alot of Flat Black graphics and am planning on getting a flat black wing

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I like the flat black myself. It would look nice with a black trunk spoiler and front lip spoiler too.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
If you're going to leave the car as is, I say color-matched. But, if you plan on adding decals or carbon fiber then I'd say black to tie it all in. With your wheels they way they are now, it is definitely a good call to 86 the chrome. A good start, for sure.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I too think color-matched on silver cars looks good. I have an Inferno R/T and was debating also if I should get the color-matched or black crosshairs, as I'm planning on getting the honeycomb too.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Color match looks awesome on the bright metallic silver ones. I have a color match crosshair coming and can't wait to get it on, just dreading the bumper removal, ughh.

Go color match !

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
color match makes it look like an SE

*no offense*

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I'd go with black myself.

hey, what's up with the nubs on your bumper????

·
Registered
174 Posts
color match

id color match...if you want to go flat black why not just make the entire car flat black...that might look nice!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol thanks for all of your opinions guys! Man, this is tougher than I though it would be. I LOVE the smooth look of a color matched grill, but I think that with a flat black grill, I'll acheive a slighty more aggresive look.

I'm sooooo on the fence about this!!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Lol thanks for all of your opinions guys! Man, this is tougher than I though it would be. I LOVE the smooth look of a color matched grill, but I think that with a flat black grill, I'll acheive a slighty more aggresive look.

I'm sooooo on the fence about this!!!
Me too. But I guess I'll go with the saying. "Once you go black .." uh, you get the point. :silenced:

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
You could go color matched on the cross hairs with the flat black daytona insert. That's how the srt8's are, and it looks awesome on the silver srt8. You can find plenty of pictures online to see what it looks like. If you are going to do the front lip spoiler and rear spoiler in flat black, you might want to go flat black with the whole grill.

I went with the whole thing flat black in my Inferno Red R/T, but I plan on doing the front lip spoiler, rear diffuser and daytona spoiler in flat black eventually.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts