Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

As some of you have already noticed, we removed most of the Charger products from our website. It was painful, but we had to.

We've been going back and forth with the marketing department in the Mopar Division of DaimlerChrysler regarding trademark licensing and we were just informed today they will no longer be licensing aftermarket accessories for current model vehicles. This is not specific to our company alone.

We are further working with DaimlerChrysler associates to keep the aftermarket alive, so we'll keep you up to date.

--------

We wanted to post this so you didn't see the products removed and think we were closing up shop or giving up hope on the LX vehicles. It's been such a pleasure so far.

I say "so far" because we're not out of here yet! We have some exciting new products coming your way, so stay tuned!

In the meantime, we do honor custom orders and offer 29 colors (14 of which are reflective), so let us know if there is anything we can do for your LX vehicle or another (just note, we can not sell a trademarked name or design).

Thank you!
Matt and James

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
So the word Hemi and the letters R/T are trademarked? And the word Charger? I sure do hate I missed out, was just about to order.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Anyway I can get a T/R decal? I'd greatly appreciate it:lol:

New ownership is going to run this ship into the ground it appears.

·
Registered
64 Posts
In the meantime, we do honor custom orders and offer 29 colors (14 of which are reflective), so let us know if there is anything we can do for your LX vehicle or another (just note, we can not sell a trademarked name or design).
I have a friend named Byron Heim. I would love to get his last name in large reflective letters as a gift. Is that possible? :wink:

Wishing I would have acted sooner...

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
WOW I am glad I got mine in time :) Will you still be doing the Firebird rear panel overlay??

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Unbelievable. I just recently decided that I wanted to get a black one for the rear R/T badge on my car.

Why would they, Chrysler, do such a thing?!

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
why not just sell the letters separately? we can then buy just the letters and assemble them in our own way.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I have to agree with NYT. That sounds good? I mean you can sell any letter you want.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Wheew, finally in before something discontinued. I should post pics of your SUBLIME overlays on the Dodge site. Thanks for a great product.

So 1 question now, how about "individual letters" in the same font as the dodge stuff? Technically it's up to the customer how it's applied. Gotta love legal BS.

Edit: i guess I should have finished reading all the post's above me. LOL

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Wheew, finally in before something discontinued. I should post pics of your SUBLIME overlays on the Dodge site. Thanks for a great product.

So 1 question now, how about "individual letters" in the same font as the dodge stuff? Technically it's up to the customer how it's applied. Gotta love legal BS.

Edit: i guess I should have finished reading all the post's above me. LOL
haha, its ok. im sure a few people were thinking the same thing...i just said it. i have a problem with that sometimes... :smoke:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I agree with the above, good idea guys!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Man does that sux to discontinue most of the Mopar overlays stuff. I had plans to purchase some more. I'm glad I got what I have so far.

Oh wait he did say they will still custom make them? That must mean you can still make them just not display them on your site right???

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man does that sux to discontinue most of the Mopar overlays stuff. I had plans to purchase some more. I'm glad I got what I have so far.

Oh wait he did say they will still custom make them? That must mean you can still make them just not display them on your site right???
We cannot sell them at all. By custom, I mean, if you want other graphics or lettering done, etc... we can do that- we just cannot use their trademarks.

They told me they don't license ANYONE to use their trademarks with decals on the newer vehicles, so it's not just overlays.. it's anything.

·
Registered
249 Posts
We cannot sell them at all. By custom, I mean, if you want other graphics or lettering done, etc... we can do that- we just cannot use their trademarks.

They told me they don't license ANYONE to use their trademarks with decals on the newer vehicles, so it's not just overlays.. it's anything.
Something just doesnt sit right with me on this one. I believe what YOU are saying but DCX marketing, I'm not sure about. Something sounds very off with this. :( :confused:

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
WTF, why would a company NOT want consumers to HELP market their product. I could see an issue if "they" were making these products, but their not. (are they planning on a big partnership with someone to do this). But again it's free marketing for them so either they are going to work soley with a company out there or they are just lousey buisness people.....

·
Registered
179 Posts
dats bull ****, can i get sandiego "charger"

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Did we ever come up with a solution here??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts