Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

As some of you have already noticed, we removed most of the Charger products from our website. It was painful, but we had to.

We've been going back and forth with the marketing department in the Mopar Division of DaimlerChrysler regarding trademark licensing and we were just informed today they will no longer be licensing aftermarket accessories for current model vehicles. This is not specific to our company alone.

We are further working with DaimlerChrysler associates to keep the aftermarket alive, so we'll keep you up to date.

--------

We wanted to post this so you didn't see the products removed and think we were closing up shop or giving up hope on the LX vehicles. It's been such a pleasure so far.

I say "so far" because we're not out of here yet! We have some exciting new products coming your way, so stay tuned!

In the meantime, we do honor custom orders and offer 29 colors (14 of which are reflective), so let us know if there is anything we can do for your LX vehicle or another (just note, we can not sell a trademarked name or design).

Thank you!
Matt and James

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yet another well thought decision by the numb nuts at DC.... Hope you guys can come to an agreement..

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Hope everything works out for you guys... reflective concepts is a top knotch company! Sort of glad I got my charger stuff before this happened.....

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
thats really sad to hear..hope you guys will work something out. you guys really have great products and the service is great. more companies should be just like you guys. hope to see more cool things from you guys soon.

Jon

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
damnit! I was just going to order a new R/T sticker. This totally sucks!

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
:sad: I hate this. We just get a good vendor for products that work and"poof". You people at REF. CON. will notice in my sign, that I have almost all of your R/T products. Keep up the good work. We will be wishing you well!! HEY DC
WWWAAAKKKEE UUPPPPP!

·
Registered
391 Posts
That is crazy man whats the deal with this I'm a mopar fan but if this type of stuff continues we wont be able to have any fun atallWTF.

P.S. have you gotten my P.M.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Seriously this is so dumb! I'm really aggrivated by DC right now. I was honestly in the process of going to the site to order when I came upon this. It just doesn't make sense. What's goign to happen to RiderGraphix etc.?

·
Registered
10,655 Posts
Man, good thing I started exterior mods. Rider better not have no problems. I pimp their products too much.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I'm planning to purchase some more vinyl as well but no where near ready for it. I'm starting to question if I should just ahead and buy it. Any info from RC on how all this came about would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the support everyone!

We don't have further information to disclose.. we were asked to stop and had to comply. Like I said, it was just an FYI post so you didn't think we sold stuff and ran away :) I'm an avid modder myself and I know if I bought something and a day later it was removed from the website, I'd be a bit concerned. Just givin the heads up.

We're still making some unique stuff, so don't give up on us or anyone else! BUY BUY BUY!

We have much respect for other vendors and since day one, we refused to make anything someone else made- so seeing how we make two different products, I can't speak for anyone else. I'm hoping this helps them too because this was just an all-of-a-sudden occurrence.

Again, thanks for the support. Hopefully my next post is with some new stuff :nervous s

·
Registered
10,655 Posts
Hey Ref Con, is there a chance that you could give us a contact to yet at at DC? You have a lot of folks who would love to go to bat for ya.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I'm glad I already got all of my decals a couple of weeks ago. What a joke.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thanks for the support everyone!

We don't have further information to disclose.. we were asked to stop and had to comply. Like I said, it was just an FYI post so you didn't think we sold stuff and ran away :) I'm an avid modder myself and I know if I bought something and a day later it was removed from the website, I'd be a bit concerned. Just givin the heads up.

We're still making some unique stuff, so don't give up on us or anyone else! BUY BUY BUY!

We have much respect for other vendors and since day one, we refused to make anything someone else made- so seeing how we make two different products, I can't speak for anyone else. I'm hoping this helps them too because this was just an all-of-a-sudden occurrence.

Again, thanks for the support. Hopefully my next post is with some new stuff :nervous s
Sorry to hear that Matt. You guys do awesome work with quality materials and a quick turn-around, and I hope that an agreement can be made with DC soon.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
WOW I am glad I got mine already!! Are you still going to make the Firebird rear panel overlay kit?? I had emaile you on this & the reply was maybe this summer?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Yesterday I stopped by O'Meara Ford in Denver to see the special Mustangs they've been advertising lately on TV. Let me tell you, they are something else. Several 427 Rousch's, a gigged out GT500 that's autographed, a Shinoda, etc...

1 more point for Ford.

After reading this, 1 more point against Dodge. Combined with the possible chop job on the Challenger I've been reading about - Keep it up guys, you may just talk me into a Mustang yet. What melonheads.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
So, if their being such arses about the trademark stuff...then I can only assume that they'll never divulge the mystery code to our cars to get more performance out of them??? Sheesh...maybe I should have bought a Roush Stang! ...I'm KIDDING...I still love Ma Mopar, for now.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Can you make letters A - Z and other characters found on my keyboard? If so I would like to order letters to spell STIR and HEM please.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Way to go MOPAR Mgt. Not only do withhold engine/software code so the aftermarket can't effectively tune their cars, but now you are saying no more aftermarket licensing on vinyl, etc... Maybe my next car will be a GM afterall. God I hate upper Mgt. morons. My company is no different. :rolls eyes: ...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts