Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last week i good friend asked me if i was intrested in going with him to a national event that was going to take place here in town... i sayed what the hell... i might just show off my torred daytona at the place...

When we were at the registration office i saw a guy with a stoch mustang GT register and he was saying that this was his first time at a track... but he was confident that all he needed was his pony car...

While there i told him that my car could beat his, easy, without telling him what i was driving... he sayed well go ahead register and i will see you at the track..

so i did... during free runs i was doinf one second reaction times but i got some help from my friend and toght me a thing or two about the start...
quilifying came up and i did not so good, i had a reaction time of .780 and ran a 15.50.. or so

eliminations came up and i went agains a montecarlo ss and smoked him.. had a .578 reaction but once i coght up to him i just kept in front of him... as my friend sugested...

second round since i had the best reaction time i went alone and straight to the finals... my mustang friend got eliminated by the guy i raced at the finals... long story short... i got first place trophy and $200.00 bucks price... my best time was 14.78

i think i like this sport... its a very skilled sport... its all about reaction and time measurement... very tricky...

here are the vids from the race... hope you enjoy them...

www.youtube.com/rafamuzquiz

and this video is an extra of the event...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xhzau4srbA

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
you should get a old school mopar and put a 5.7L in it! now we are talking about mid 10's.....

·
Registered
542 Posts
Nice!!! and congrats for the big time win!!! I'm also hooked on drag racing, I was able to go, for the first time, to the track 2 weeks ago and ran twice. Since we don't get time slips at my home track I don't know what my first pass time was, but on my second pass I got a 13.56, at 1800 feet and with the temp at 98 degrees, so I'm happy with it... This week, thanks to the "Dean", the track will be closed :( .

Anyway, GREAT WIN!!!

Saludos,

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
take two burnouts and call me in the morning

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Last week i good friend asked me if i was intrested in going with him to a national event that was going to take place here in town... i sayed what the hell... i might just show off my torred daytona at the place...

When we were at the registration office i saw a guy with a stoch mustang GT register and he was saying that this was his first time at a track... but he was confident that all he needed was his pony car...

While there i told him that my car could beat his, easy, without telling him what i was driving... he sayed well go ahead register and i will see you at the track..

so i did... during free runs i was doinf one second reaction times but i got some help from my friend and toght me a thing or two about the start...
quilifying came up and i did not so good, i had a reaction time of .780 and ran a 15.50.. or so

eliminations came up and i went agains a montecarlo ss and smoked him.. had a .578 reaction but once i coght up to him i just kept in front of him... as my friend sugested...

second round since i had the best reaction time i went alone and straight to the finals... my mustang friend got eliminated by the guy i raced at the finals... long story short... i got first place trophy and $200.00 bucks price... my best time was 14.78

i think i like this sport... its a very skilled sport... its all about reaction and time measurement... very tricky...

here are the vids from the race... hope you enjoy them...

www.youtube.com/rafamuzquiz

and this video is an extra of the event...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xhzau4srbA
That's how I got started. Now, I want more mods, more speed :)
My friend has a track reserved for his club in September and I'll be the lone Mopar representitive among the Chevys but I cannot wait.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I hear ya buddy. I was just at the SRT track experience this weekend and beat everyone in my group (including the instructor) and won a free drive in a Nascar stock car. Let the performance modding begin!

·
Registered
542 Posts
I hear ya buddy. I was just at the SRT track experience this weekend and beat everyone in my group (including the instructor) and won a free drive in a Nascar stock car. Let the performance modding begin!
I was there on friday, It was a blast!!! I didn't have to pay for the event since I own an SRT, but for the ones who did, it was worth it...

when did you go?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I was there Saturday at Texas Motor Speedway in Ft. Worth. I went Sunday to redeem my Nascar ride. I gotta tell you, going around that 24 degree incline turn at about 150mph throws you back in your seat. I have a new-found respect for NASCAR drivers. Imagine trying to go that fast with a ton of other cars all around you? No thanks, I'll stick to my desk and computer screen.

·
Registered
93 Posts
nice story..i can realate to you my first time at the track got me hooked on drag racing...:smoke:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts