Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 18 saving up for a Dodge Charger used. They run anywhere from 9K-15K pretty much is what I noticed. I have a few questions since I am new:

1) I'm looking for a 07-08 charger in the future. Those seem to look the best. Now, what is the difference between a 07 and 08?

2) What is the diff between a charger and a charger se and a charger sxt?

3) The interior (radio) is different on some chargers. Look at pics below. They are different. Why is that? (I assume one is a older model or something, I do not know)

Most chargers that Im looking at that r used in year 07 and 08 have the second image (The older radio), and not the first.

Which one do you guys recommend I get and why? 07 and 08 does not matter to me but I'm not too good with cars so.
Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Are you looking for a v6 or a v8 Charger?

There is a Charger SE v6 with a 2.7 engine
Charger SE Plus v6 with a 3.5 engine
Charger SXT v6 with a 3.5 engine and better interior than a SE model
Charger R/T v8 with a 5.7 Hemi engine
Charger R/T w/ R&T v8 with the 5.7 hemi engine (better suspension and has a performance package)
Charger Daytonas which are the same as an R/T w/ R&T but with nicer paint and it's numbered.
And then there is the Charger SRT8 v8 with a 6.1 Hemi engine.

The differences between an 07 and 08 v6 models is the transmission. The 08's come with a 4 speed transmission (unless it's an AWD) instead of the 5 speed in the 07 models.

The reason the stereos are different in the two pictures, is because one is a navigation unit/stereo and the other one is a regular single disc CD player/radio. The navigation unit is optional I believe.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's the diff between a v6 or a v8?

Also, are the R/T the ones that just say "Dodge Chargers 07/08" and nothing else?

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
What's the diff between a v6 or a v8?

Also, are the R/T the ones that just say "Dodge Chargers 07/08" and nothing else?
:slap: you have much to learn. But this site can help. :beerchug: :driving:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I realize that. V8 is stronger than V6, that is all I know.

My budget is tight so SXT is what I'm looking at mostly. I could not even afford to get anything higher than 14K really.

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Good luck & Welcome from So. Cal.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
The V6 will feel like a nice car. The V8 will feel like a rocket in comparrison.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys!

For the SRT8, I see a 07 and 08 version. Is there any difference in years or is a SRT8 simply a SRT8 and not to go by years?

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Every model year has small changes.

·
Registered
596 Posts
The 2006 isn't that different than then 07/08s, maybe look into that as well?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
One major difference is the 2008/2009's have a different interior. There are so many small changes from year to year. We'll help you out though, just ask questions. :bigthumb:

:driving:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts