Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
;)I am a girl who knows a little and needs to learn alot!!! I want to add only the best and the main mods to my car, I need some direction on where and what to start with and so on...... I am just getting started........I think I should first get a CAI system, the dual exhaust is already there....does anyone agree?? And I want to know which one would be the best for my car being 3.5L V6 08 Charger and would like to know whatever will be most effective!!!! More power, best brand...etc.....and then what can I do and what to get from there???? Can someone help me out on alittle info on where to start on making my car performance better and fast and all that????!!!!????:slap: I'd appreciate it greatly! All opinions and info is appreciated!!! =) :confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Do get a CAI, than perhaps a Predator hand tuner.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
It's hard to say what the best mods are since most of them are individual preference. I would suggest to research the v6 specific forum for some mod ideas and choose a direction (theme) to go with. That will help you decide what is right for you.
The cat-back is a good start and would benefit by adding a CAI. With out getting in to serious engine work, the best bang for your buck when it comes to adding power is a tuner such as the Predator.
You might look in to some simple but functional mods like hood struts and an oil catch can.
I hope you find what you are looking for and we look forward to seeing your evolve.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Check out Maryland Speed or one of the other Vendors here for a package deal on a CAI and Predator Tuner. that would be best bang for your buck performance and cost wise. And try to resist the huge wheel change that lots of owners do because they really dog down a V-6 Charger. If you stay with some nice lightweight 20" wheels you will still look great and have decent performance with the CAI , Exhaust and the Tuner.
Good luck and welcome to the Forums! post some pic's of your ride!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
smart!

Check out Maryland Speed or one of the other Vendors here for a package deal on a CAI and Predator Tuner. that would be best bang for your buck performance and cost wise. And try to resist the huge wheel change that lots of owners do because they really dog down a V-6 Charger. If you stay with some nice lightweight 20" wheels you will still look great and have decent performance with the CAI , Exhaust and the Tuner.
Good luck and welcome to the Forums! post some pic's of your ride!!
Very cool!!! That helps me alot, I was just thinking about that as well.......I dont think i would go any larger than 20" wheels.....what do you think about the lowering option???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's hard to say what the best mods are since most of them are individual preference. I would suggest to research the v6 specific forum for some mod ideas and choose a direction (theme) to go with. That will help you decide what is right for you.
The cat-back is a good start and would benefit by adding a CAI. With out getting in to serious engine work, the best bang for your buck when it comes to adding power is a tuner such as the Predator.
You might look in to some simple but functional mods like hood struts and an oil catch can.
I hope you find what you are looking for and we look forward to seeing your evolve.
Sorry, but what is a cat-back????? And thanks for the response! Good Info, but would be better if I knew what you were talkin about :notallthere: but i will see if i can find out:bigthumb: i appreciate it! Also, what does an oil pan catch can do and what would hood struts be???? I know im asking too much now!! :notallthere::icon_puke:;)

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Sorry, but what is a cat-back????? And thanks for the response! Good Info, but would be better if I knew what you were talkin about :notallthere: but i will see if i can find out:bigthumb: i appreciate it! Also, what does an oil pan catch can do and what would hood struts be???? I know im asking too much now!! :notallthere::icon_puke:;)
The answers to all of your questions are in this forum, you just have to search for them. Just remember that you can find 10 different answers to 1 question. For example, "which one is the best?" It's just like trying fat-burners, you just have to find the one that works best for you.

·
Registered
576 Posts
hood struts keep the hood up... the catch can catches some oil before it can get into your engine... a cat-back is an exhaust system either before or after the catalytic converters (cats) to the tips...

·
Registered
9,042 Posts
Welcome to the Forums! :wave:

Definitely head over to the V6 Specific forums, all your answers are there! ;)

Here's a whole bunch more ideas for you:
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57312

I also highly recommend checking with MarylandSpeed for a CAI+ Predator Special! If they don't have one running now, they will later! Call them and ask! :bigthumb:

There's a LOT you can do with the SXT, so do more reading here, check out what some others have done, and start forming a plan. Go to some local Meet n' Greets if you can and see what others have done. That's also a great way to check out others' mods and see if you like them, before you buy them for your car.

Have Fun! :grin:

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Hello, young lady, I would go with what RON380 is saying, He's been workin on his SXT since...well...forever, and he is senseable about them....Take your time, and think things out...Have a theme that you would like to show, It's your personality that shows....Good luck...but mostly, have fun doing it!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
I thought the catch can was only of use on the HEMI engines - specific issue.
cat-back - is an exhaust system you bolt on from the catalytic converters back. Best advise is search the forums.

·
Registered
576 Posts
THANKX DADDY (oops, i mean Ryan):bigthumb:!! YOU HELPED ME OUT UNDERSTANDING ALITTLE MORE.....=)
you're welcome!! an jus a word of advice: searching first is always the best thing to do cuz you might get flamed for some questions people think are simple

I thought the catch can was only of use on the HEMI engines - specific issue.
cat-back - is an exhaust system you bolt on from the catalytic converters back. Best advise is search the forums.
nahh, it can go with the 2.7 and 3.5 too... here's where you can find it at

·
Registered
976 Posts
THANKX DADDY (oops, i mean Ryan):bigthumb:!! YOU HELPED ME OUT UNDERSTANDING ALITTLE MORE.....=)
Got a feelin U gonna become real popular here on the forum LOL As do most women that enter a game that is predominantly male :bigthumb: Welcome...

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
First u have to tell us what it is that you are going for like looks or performance, so u said u already have the dual exhaust so your best bet would be the mopar cold air intake and the predator, some nice 20s and the eibach pro kit...is your car mainly stock right now?

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
With basic mods your not going to get much in the way of performance with a V6 so might I suggest working on the show before the go. : ) check my sig...I pretty much did everything in that order that the mods are listed.

Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
9,042 Posts
That depends on your definition of "performance". ;)

After I got the engine breathing better, plus the Diablo tune, I worked on handling and some extra driver-training. My V6 "performs" fairly well on a road course now! :grin:

Not saying it'll outrun an SRT... unless it's raining. :laugh:
(Ask some of the guys on LXF about NJMP back in March!)

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
;)I am a girl who knows a little and needs to learn alot!!! I want to add only the best and the main mods to my car, I need some direction on where and what to start with and so on...... I am just getting started........I think I should first get a CAI system, the dual exhaust is already there....does anyone agree?? And I want to know which one would be the best for my car being 3.5L V6 08 Charger and would like to know whatever will be most effective!!!! More power, best brand...etc.....and then what can I do and what to get from there???? Can someone help me out on alittle info on where to start on making my car performance better and fast and all that????!!!!????:slap: I'd appreciate it greatly! All opinions and info is appreciated!!! =) :confused::confused::confused:
Just click the link in my signature at the bottom that says V6 Performance, this thread will tell you everything you need to know about performance.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts