Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking into it and seeing that people said there would be a power increase, i knocked out the honeycomb in my cats. At fist I saw a little difference but now there is definately a small power loss. I have a diablo sport and i turned off my check engine light but is there anything else I could possibly do to regain my lost power without putting cats back in?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
cut the cat out and weld in a pipe.

the balloon you have created in your exhaust system is causing massive turbulenec and a huge gap that is slowing the velocity of the exhaust stream

velocity = power.

run some data logs and watch for LT KR.
add a few % of fuel in those RPM ranges.

no cats = more power. all the time. period.
but it has to be done right, and properly tune for that statement to hold true.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
it has more to do with the gaping cavity in the exhaust stream from the gutted cats than the fuel mixture.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
do u have any moderately cheap suggestions?
Cheaper than the non-solution of destroying your cats? No. I agree with the other poster who said a simple pipe is going to work better than yanking the guts out of your cats.

Even replacing the cats with a simple pipe will likely result in a reduction of low-end torque (probably what your ass dyno is reporting to you) with the upshot being a slight increase in power in the upper rpm band.

Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?

Best,

·
Registered
746 Posts
Do a vendor search for a set of off road pipes to replace your cats. They will bolt right in.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Most exhaust shops wont even help you take out the cat housing and substitute straight pipe in their place because it's illegal. You'll find one that will help, if you look long and hard enough though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts