Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But does anyone have any experience with the Thule rack systems? Sad to say, but I'm going to buy a set for my '07 R/T so that I will have a way to get my surfboards to and from the beach. I know people will go crazy about me putting racks on that pretty TorRed paint though...

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
dude. just get those straps with the pads, and do em thru your windows.

its super easy

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dude. just get those straps with the pads, and do em thru your windows.

its super easy
I had them before on a car i didn't care about. They work, but they bounce all around at any speed above 45 and they scratch a lot. I figured hard racks would only scratch in 4 little spots where they hit the roof as opposed to 2 huge lines across the roof. Although the straps that go through the windows are a lot cheaper....

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
hm. i didnt know they were designed to go thru the window... we just did on my buddies old car, and didnt look twice. i admit i dono if id put em on top of my charger. hell i dono if id even drive my charger on the beach.

salt + sand = scare hehe

dude, your rear seats fold down(dont they?).

i bet you can fit it in from the trunk and put em up onto your arm rest

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Dude, a Hemi Torred Charger with surfboards on top of it??? Why would you think that is anything less than kick a$$?!?
I used to strap canoes on top of my Inferno Red R/T Intrepid and take them south many hundreds of miles to class 4+ rapid rivers. Just make sure there is some soft foam in between whatever contact points you need to anchor and the paint. Torque the strap more securely than you think is necessary, because there will be some aerolifting, and those forces are great. At least two, if not three, anchor points are best.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
And yes, the straps went thru the windows

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dude, your rear seats fold down(dont they?).

i bet you can fit it in from the trunk and put em up onto your arm rest

They do, but I'm a longboarder, my boards are at least 9'0"-9'6" so I can't pass them through the trunk.

Dude, a Hemi Torred Charger with surfboards on top of it??? Why would you think that is anything less than kick a$$?!?
I used to strap canoes on top of my Inferno Red R/T Intrepid and take them south many hundreds of miles to class 4+ rapid rivers. Just make sure there is some soft foam in between whatever contact points you need to anchor and the paint. Torque the strap more securely than you think is necessary, because there will be some aerolifting, and those forces are great. At least two, if not three, anchor points are best.
The racks I'm looking at sit a few inches off the car, they just attach in 4 spots instead of the racks that pass through the windows that sit straight across the roof the whole width of the car. They have little foam to protect the paint. What I was really wondering was how well they work and are there any crazy problems (aside from price lol) that I should be wary of.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thile are goo dracks, but they do make marks on your car. I have had soft and hard racks, they all made some sort of mark.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
soft foam made no marks on mine...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts