Votes: 34 82.9%
  • Bassani cat back for $600

Votes: 7 17.1%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres my dilemma: i cant side between getting a bassani cat back or the afe/predator group buy...

for the last 2 months i've been planning on buying the bassani at the end of november and installing it around christmas (got a lot of time off) its gunna cost 600 shipped.. which is right on budget... and i've been looking forward to it soo bad. (if ne1 wants to know what it would sound like go here: http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28725)

but then my whole groove got ruined when the predator came out and all these ppl started raving about it. and worse the group buy is such an amazing deal, i dont think i can pass it up! (its like 520 shipped)

i really want the sound and sweet looking tips of the exhaust, but i also wanna get my hands on the afe/predator for all that performance and cool features the predator has... i'm seriously stuck in a rut and it sucks. i'm thinking if i do buy the predator, i'd get the exhaust in the summer, but if i get the exhaust now, i might not want to get the predator in the summer because it'll be like $450 without the intake..

btw, i have to choose soon cause the afe/predator deal ends at the end of the month...

and i threw in the poll cause i kno everyone likes those... or at least i like them...

·
Registered
708 Posts
AFE/Predator! For the first time ever, I've leaving my exhaust stock (RT Road & Track) and I'm gonna do the DMH cutouts instead! I would go with the AFE/Predator for now, if I were you.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I didn't vote but I would have to say that the Predator will get you a higher increase in power and performance potential than the catback will get you. If the group buy were just for the Predator than I would have voted for that, not a fan of any cai tbh.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i had a feeling most of yall would vote for the predator... i asked a few of my friends, who are car enthusiasts, and thats what they said.

the wife voted for the exhaust though

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
i had a feeling most of yall would vote for the predator... i asked a few of my friends, who are car enthusiasts, and thats what they said.

the wife voted for the exhaust though
Well, we now know what you're getting...so much for my vote of aFe/Predator! The wife vote always trumps the Chargerforums buddies!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, we now know what you're getting...so much for my vote of aFe/Predator! The wife vote always trumps the Chargerforums buddies!
lol ehh... she still doesnt understand what a great deal the afe/diablo is.

if i did end up getting the exhaust though, what are the odds of a vendor offering the predator this cheap again sometime next summer? i know nobody can say for sure, but i dont mind speculation.

·
Registered
342 Posts
If your goal is for sound/looks, then Bassani. But if your goal is more power then the afe/Predator. The afe will give you a slight roaring-exhaust sound at WOT, but nothing like a catback. So ask yourself ... "Do you want to be faster? Or just sound and look like you're faster?" lol

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If your goal is for sound/looks, then Bassani. But if your goal is more power then the afe/Predator. The afe will give you a slight roaring-exhaust sound at WOT, but nothing like a catback. So ask yourself ... "Do you want to be faster? Or just sound and look like you're faster?" lol
this is EXACTLY the problem!!! i want both! i know the cat back wont add as much performance, but good lord listen to that video in my first post. if my car sounded like that i think i could deal w/ a little less performance. but at the same time i wanna go fast! uugghh

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
this is EXACTLY the problem!!! i want both! i know the cat back wont add as much performance, but good lord listen to that video in my first post. if my car sounded like that i think i could deal w/ a little less performance. but at the same time i wanna go fast! uugghh
Choices, choices! Fahk choices, I say get 'em both! :grin: Just don't tell the wife!

Wife: Honey, can you go out to buy some groceries? We need (insert list here)...

goMANgo259: Uh, I don't have any money honey (like the rhyme?!?), because Frank (insert real friend's name here) needed some cash, and I loan him like $500 because i have a big heart...

Wife: Oh, ok...sounds like Frank really needed it. Here take my Visa (insert name of whatever credit card company wife uses here).

Sheesh...if only life were THAT good! :lol:

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Choices, choices! Fahk choices, I say get 'em both! :grin: Just don't tell the wife!

Wife: Honey, can you go out to buy some groceries? We need (insert list here)...

goMANgo259: Uh, I don't have any money honey (like the rhyme?!?), because Frank (insert real friend's name here) needed some cash, and I loan him like $500 because i have a big heart...

Wife: Oh, ok...sounds like Frank really needed it. Here take my Visa (insert name of whatever credit card company wife uses here).

Sheesh...if only life were THAT good! :lol:
lol well sounds like i have a bullet proof plan... i like your thinking:grin:

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
lol well sounds like i have a bullet proof plan... i like your thinking:grin:
Thanks, but just don't tell MY wife how I think! In fact, I was NEVER here! :knockout:

·
Registered
9,031 Posts
AZCHARGERS recipe for a MEAN sounding Charger!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my recipe! Follow it correctly and PLEASE, make sure you PRE-HEAT your oven!

1st: Install an AFE Stage II intake system
2nd: Install JET-HOT coated KOOKS long tube headers
3rd: Use off-road pipes (Thats no CATS to the lamens)
4th: Get a Bassani cat-back exhaust system
5th: Fill up your car with 91 octane
6th: Hit the gas and ENJOY!
Ummm... notice too that he has headers and no cats... so your's is probably not going to sound "just like his"... if you know what I mean.

Not trying to rain on your parade, I've read the posts and it's a tough choice!

**How about if you get the AFE/Predator, then when you drive down the street, just blast Quiet Riot's "Cum on Feel the Noize" at full volume?! :LOL:

Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ummm... notice too that he has headers and no cats... so your's is probably not going to sound "just like his"... if you know what I mean.

Not trying to rain on your parade, I've read the posts and it's a tough choice!

Good Luck!
yea i know it wouldnt be just the same, but i still like the bassani, i've heard it in other videos as well. thanks for the heads up though

·
Registered
676 Posts
You keep saying that you will get one now and get the other in the summer.....so then the smartest move would be to get what is on sale now, and get the other later. That way you still get both but you save a little cash doing it. Plus, you may find that later on down the road the exhaust system you want may go on sale or something.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
woah i see some ppl actually voted for the bassani! i'm interested if that was their opinion or if they did it to support my wife lol

vagabond- yea i know what you're saying... and that would make the most sense... its just so hard to have to wait another 8 or 9 months to get an exhaust when i've already been looking forward to it for a month...

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
lol ehh... she still doesnt understand what a great deal the afe/diablo is.

if i did end up getting the exhaust though, what are the odds of a vendor offering the predator this cheap again sometime next summer? i know nobody can say for sure, but i dont mind speculation.
For the very sake of yours (and the rest of "ours" ) Manhood, you must get the AFE/Predator...... horsepower is your friend....horsepower is your friend.... you like horsepower......torque makes you smile......horsepower is your friend.........

1 - 20 of 25 Posts