Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd been using DriWash for about 15 years. After getting the Charger and reading everyone talk about Maguiars, ICE, and the Z stuff, I decided that maybe I've been using DriWash too long and tried some others.

It's hot today. No wait, it's HOT today. But I really wanted to get my car shining, so I washed it and decide to use the ICE today, since it goes on well in hot weather.

I'm putting the Ice on and thinking "Boy this stuff's a pain to put on". I get to a place on my roof where I have this big ole water spot (hate those things). I think, no problem, the Ice will probably take it off. It must have been the heat getting to my brain. I finished the roof, then grabbed my DriWash, which I'm almost out of, hit the water spot rubbed and buffed. Spot all gone. Problem was I now had an area on my roof that was shinier than the rest. I took care of that and came in to get out of the heat.

For those who refuse to believe that DriWash could work, your loss. I'm getting myself a new 32oz bottle as soon as I can and redoing my car so it can shine like this again.

unretouched photo taken on a very cloudy day.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
that stuff is cool when you are in a hurry. back in the 90's when I had my sentra I could leave school at lunch (was working on my A.S. degree at the time) grab a burger from a fast food joint go back to the school parking lot and coat my entire car with dri wash in less than an hour. The only thing I did not like about it was the bottle that it came in required you to pump it manually. thi was no problem when it was 1/2 full to full since one spray is enough to do a door or a fender but it was a pain when the bottle was close to empty. if you have multiple bottles you can refill but if not its a pain.
They probaly have better bottles by now since I have not used it in years.

has the cost come down on it used to be 10 - 20 bucks a bottle
unless you got a hook up from someone??

·
Super Moderator
11,632 Posts
I'd been using DriWash for about 15 years.
What is this DriWash stuff of which you speak? Is it a wax? I used Turtle wax on my car about a month ago, and it was such a PITA that I vowed to never wax my car again. It didn't even look any better than before...and it took me 4 freaking hours. Really cut into my beer drinking time. And I HATE that.

:angry:

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that stuff is cool when you are in a hurry. back in the 90's when I had my sentra I could leave school at lunch (was working on my A.S. degree at the time) grab a burger from a fast food joint go back to the school parking lot and coat my entire car with dri wash in less than an hour. The only thing I did not like about it was the bottle that it came in required you to pump it manually. thi was no problem when it was 1/2 full to full since one spray is enough to do a door or a fender but it was a pain when the bottle was close to empty. if you have multiple bottles you can refill but if not its a pain.
They probaly have better bottles by now since I have not used it in years.

has the cost come down on it used to be 10 - 20 bucks a bottle
unless you got a hook up from someone??
I always kept it in my car. If it was nice out, I'd shine it up at lunchtime. I'm going to start doing that again.

A 32oz bottle is about $40 now. (that refills the spray bottle about 4 times).

I just need to find a new dealer in my area. The guy I was getting it from moved to AZ.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is this DriWash stuff of which you speak? Is it a wax? I used Turtle wax on my car about a month ago, and it was such a PITA that I vowed to never wax my car again. It didn't even look any better than before...and it took me 4 freaking hours. Really cut into my beer drinking time. And I HATE that.

:angry:
I'm with you pal. I have no patience for busting my hump to get results that aren't as good as I can get from Dri Wash.

http://www.amazon.com/Dri-Wash-Guar...10?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1186252092&sr=8-2

Woo Hoo! I can get it through amazon.com!

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is that like a quick detailer?
It's all I've used for 15 years to clean and shine my car. No other products.

Of course, I use a power wash to get grime off, but then I go straight to the driwash. No soap, so wax.

Just placed my order on amazon.com

·
Super Moderator
11,632 Posts
It's all I've used for 15 years to clean and shine my car. No other products.

Of course, I use a power wash to get grime off, but then I go straight to the driwash. No soap, so wax.

Just placed my order on amazon.com
I may have to try that stuff. Thanks for the tip. Never seen it here in Canada, so maybe need to go through Amazon as well....

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are some on here who gave me a hard time when I mentioned it before, saying it's snake oil and such. Funny thing is, I haven't found anyone who has tried it who hasn't loved it.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Thanks for the info time to go get out the credit card and start shopping. Probably have to try it at least.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just did a little demo for you guys. I put some of my fine mineral intense well water on my car and let it dry to a NASTY waterspot (I apologize to those with weak stomachs).

Gently rubbed on a little DriWash. When I say gentle, I'm talking like washing your windows kind of gentle.

And buffed it off.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
for the demo will be shopping tonight for sure, going to try the smaller bottle.

·
Super Moderator
11,632 Posts
I just did a little demo for you guys. I put some of my fine mineral intense well water on my car and let it dry to a NASTY waterspot (I apologize to those with weak stomachs).

Gently rubbed on a little DriWash. When I say gentle, I'm talking like washing your windows kind of gentle.

And buffed it off.
Nice. I'm convinced.

Now go get a water softener and you won't have those nasty water spots in the first place. ;-)

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Now you know why I can never understand when someone posts about waterspots. They haven't been an issue for me for some time now.

·
Registered
824 Posts
2 questions,
1. wont that scratch the paint by not getting the dirt off first?
2. what about the flat black on the daytonas?

other than that, i am interusted.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
2 questions,
1. wont that scratch the paint by not getting the dirt off first?
2. what about the flat black on the daytonas?

other than that, i am interusted.
1. You may have missed my comment that, if I have heavy grime on my car, I powerwash it off first. As far as I can see it, light dirt is no different than spraying your car with a hose and rubbing a sponge/cloth on the dirt.
2. Sorry, I don't have flat black decals.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
humm i may have to try that stuff..hey mike do you mind if i can look at it sometime. im kinda curious now :)

1 - 20 of 193 Posts