Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really interested in this Mod but I dont really understand it. Can someone who has knowledge inform me.
1- Do I just plug it in and it will download slightly better than stock parameters automatically just follow what it says on screen (shift point higher in auto mode,etc) or do I have to self adjust any and all settings?
2- If it does do that after its completed downloading into the car then should I do any other adjustments with the Mopar CAI and Catbacks I have or leave it as is?
3-What would be those adjustments I need to make or does it tell me exactly what to do?
4- I understand it saves your old settings but do you leave them permanately on the predator without any chance of erassing them even if battery goes dead or do you transfer them to save on your home PC?

Sorry if these are dumb questions but I'm really nervous about messing with the computer myself...

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
1. yes, changing settings is up to you, but unless you have major bolt on's, stock tunes will rock your world
2. you can add cai, exhaust, etc...then change your tune to a CAI Performance tune
3. easier to use than your tv remote. You don't HAVE to do anything
4. no battery in the unit - yes you can also transfer from the device to your PC as well.

Very easy to use, great tool. Once you get it, you'll see how easy this is.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. yes, changing settings is up to you, but unless you have major bolt on's, stock tunes will rock your world
2. you can add cai, exhaust, etc...then change your tune to a CAI Performance tune
4. no battery in the unit - yes you can also transfer from the device to your PC as well.

Thanks PA you rock !!!!
It will be on order as soon as I log out of here..............:grin:

·
Registered
274 Posts

Where in pa are ya? Reading here.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Lancaster here GSRT-8. We'll have to find a good Maple Grove day when the weather cools. Was up there a few weeks ago when the NHRA's ran. They have a couple Fridays towards the end of the season. Good reason for taking off a day, having the track pretty unpopulated and fun way to spend a day talking cars and getting some quality track time.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
i've got a dumb question...

once you've already uploaded the tune and you're done using the predator, do you leave it plugged in? or do you have to unplug it? or can you just do w/e u want? if you do leave it plugged in then where do you put it? just lay it on the center console?

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
unplug it, store it...till you want to change something else

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
woah i was lookin at their website and it says that the diablo doesnt work on chargers made in 2005... my build date was in 05... does this mean it wont work??

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
X2, by build date was in 05 as well........................

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
dudes! not to worry, even if your build date is 2005 your charger is actually a 2006....... the website says that it wont work on chargers 2005's because 2005 CHARGERS ARE NON EXISTENT!!!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
woah i was lookin at their website and it says that the diablo doesnt work on chargers made in 2005... my build date was in 05... does this mean it wont work??
It looks to me that their site says that the Predator isn't available for 2005 Dodge Chargers, not Chargers built in 2005. There wasn't a 2005 model of the Charger. I bought one of the first ones available in this area on May 31, 2005. It was a 2006 Charger R/T.

It should work fine for your car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts